Take Screenshot for me?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
ledomira

Take Screenshot for me?

Postby ledomira » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 am

Hello,

This is a request to anyone with the PC version of Trine. I would like a 1080p screenshot of a specific spot in the game. In the level Fangle Forest there is a bridge that goes over a river. It has a waterfall behind it with a rainbow. That scene is simply beautiful and I'd like to use it as my playstation media background.

However, I'd like you to disable the hud before taking the screenshot. To do that:

Press the F8 key to bring up the console, and then write "hideGUI" without the quotes but case sensitive, and press enter. That should hide the GUI (it comes back with "showGUI" and if you want to play with the interface hidden, then write "enableControls" after hideGUI).

Then, select the knight or the thief (not the wizard, because he has a reticle that gets in the way) and get on the center of the bridge and take a screenshot. If the character model is disabled with hideGUI, even better. Either way, since I don't have the PC version, I'm not sure if you can take screenshots in game or if you can hit the Printscreen key on the keyboard to take a screenshot which saves it in memory until you can paste it into an image program like Irfanview and save it.

If possible, please save it as a jpg with no less than 80% quality.

Thanks.

FB_Lauri

Re: Take Screenshot for me?

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 pm

I'll ask our producers to do this, and also provide a selection of Trine 2 full HD shots 8)

Edit: Unfortunately this got delayed to the next week. Sorry!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:55 am

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 am

Thank you so much! I love it. I'm going to copy it to a usb drive and put it up on my ps3 right now.

I didn't think it was possible, but the Trine 2 screenshots look even better than Trine 1, which looks better than everything else out there. Trine 2 looks as good as I always imagined games could look. I just didn't expect games to look this good for another decade.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am

On behalf of our whole team: Thanks! :D

Return to “Trine”