PlayStation Move Support?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Damage Inc.

PlayStation Move Support?

Postby Damage Inc. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:17 am

Hello,

I do not háve this game, but I've played the Demo on the PS3 and I think it's great.
There's one drawback though; the control on the right stick is partially bad.
To me personally it's a similar issue to playing shooters on consoles or the same controller anyway.
It just doesn't work for me.
You can't move and aim quick enough, especially with this game
drawing squares with the wizard is a drag, while luckily it already works when it's not even square.

Anyway...

So I was thinking of probably getting this for the PC, as it's my main platform.
However, that wouldn't be so handy for local COOP-play, unless I'd get multiple copies for more computers.
But then it just occurred to me, this game would probably be great in combination with the PlayStation Move.
My question of course is, will this game perhaps get an update to support the PlayStation Move?
I think it would be perfect if you could just point out where to aim instead of using an analog stick.

Greetings.

PS:
I have an extra question on the topic of "PS3 or PC":
Does the PS3-version include the level 'Path to New Dawn'?
It would be a nice added value if I'd get a version that has even more content to play of course.
Unless the PS3-version already had it from the beginning or also got an update at some point.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: PlayStation Move Support?

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Just to set things straight, local co-op on PC works only on the same computer. There is no LAN or online co-op in Trine (so there's no benefit in getting multiple copies of the game, because you'd still have to play only on one computer). The co-op works with gamepads (Xbox 360 wired gamepad is recommended/default but also Logitech Rumblepad 2 and many others work fine) or there's an option for multiple mice and keyboards, although it's a little difficult to set up sometimes. (And we're having some issues with gamepads as of the 1.08 patch, but you can use the earlier 1.07 version just fine. See the thread here.)

As for Move support, at the moment it looks rather unlikely. We're quite busy with other things and implementing such support is quite a task to be honest. Sorry!

Regarding PC and PS3 "Path to New Dawn", on PC it's free as part of the patches, and on PS3 it costs a dollar (note the regular prices though). Also if you are in North America, I should let you know that there's some issues with Trophies, outlined in this thread. This is something you should keep in mind if you go for the PS3 version (you can avoid the bug but it requires some thought). There will most likely not be a fix for this unfortunately (due to many reasons), at least not anytime soon. If you're in Europe, then you won't run into the issue.

So frankly... if you are unsure, my suggestion is to buy it for PC, and perhaps wait for a special sale or something. The Holidays are coming and that means lots of distributors like Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive, Impulse and so on are going to have Christmas sales, and Trine will be included in some of these. So at least you'd get the game for a really good price. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kostasmpyras

Re: PlayStation Move Support?

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:09 am

I also have problems on drawing boxes quickly with my mage but cant you buy a PS3 mouse + keyboard if you have such a big issue?
(although I am not sure if it works on this game :) )

Return to “Trine”