DLC Path to New Dawn

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Sarian

DLC Path to New Dawn

Postby Sarian » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:14 am

Can someone please tell me how I can go about getting this new game level? I love the game Trine and heard about this. I would appreciate any info. I got the PC version for XP/Vista. I have Vista 64 bit PC. Thanks.

Sarian

FB_Lauri

Re: DLC Path to New Dawn

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:50 am

You need to install version 1.08, see patches-page at http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php?page=patches

Please make sure you install the correct patch to your version of the game.

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 am

Thank for the info, but I had already download the patch 1.08. When I finished my game there was nothing in the Choose level that says Path to New Dawn. It just had me play the final level Tower of Sarek again. Am I missing something here? Also, is there a way to download 1.05 patch to slow down the lava flow on the last level for easy, medium, hard, very hard? Any help would be appreciated.

Sarian

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Slowing down the lava works also in 1.08, the speed is based on difficulty level (on easy difficulty the lava stops completely, the way it should have been originally). You can change the difficulty from the pause menu, so you don't need to begin a new game for it.

The DLC level unlocks when you complete the main game :)

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:30 am

No luck. I've already played and finished easy and medium level twice and there is still nothing in the Choose Level that says "Path to New Dawn." I had downloaded the 1.08 patch for the PC after playing the easy level first time. Also, I notice that before the patch on the PC version of the game there was a Lockable section that I thought would unlock after I played the easy level, but after the patch the lockable category wasn't there anymore. Does anyone with the PC version of the game know what it is suppose to unlock? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Sariarn

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:15 pm

First things first, does it say "1.08" in the lower right bottom of the screen? If not, then the game is not properly updated for some reason.

If it says so, and Path to New Dawn does not appear in the Choose level menu, then something is wrong... I believe we can figure it out though, so let me know. (If you're eager to try, there's a Trine/config/options.txt file which has a line "game_has_been_completed = 0" quite near the middle, and if you change that to 1, I think the new level should load.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:27 am

No, it doesn't show that on the bottom right corner of my screen. I've run the patch a couple of time and still nothing. Can you give me a step by step on how or where do I do this from? "(If you're eager to try, there's a Trine/config/options.txt file which has a line "game_has_been_completed = 0" quite near the middle, and if you change that to 1, I think the new level should load.)." I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Sarian

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:15 pm

We really need to get the game patched to 1.08 first.

What version of the game do you have? What happens when you run http://trine-thegame.com/patches/Trine_Patch_108.exe ? Does it give you an error message?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 pm

I've clicked your link to upload the patch you sent me. Unfortunately, the same thing happened. I don't understand why it doesn't work. It run just fine and finished with no error messages, but when I run the game there is no 108 on the bottom right corner of my screen. I have the PC Vista version of the game is that what you meant or is there somewhere specific where I should look for the specific version of this game? Thank so much for your help.

Sarian

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 pm

I meant basically where you bought the game (specific country or online website), some distributors may have "special" versions of the game that maybe don't work so great with the patch, so that's why it's important.

We will be able to patch it manually though but I need to know what the base files are first... You could also look in the game's folder and list me the data packages (data1.fbz, data2.fbz, data3.fbz) and their filesizes, that might help a bit.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Oh, I see. I got the CD version from Amazon here in the United States. The following data.fbz are

data1.fbz -- 34.9MB
data2.fbz -- 7.17MB
data3.fbz -- 8.82MB

I hope this helps.

Sarian

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok that's puzzling - it's the regular US retail version and works fine with the patches, and in fact the file sizes indicate that the patch has been installed correctly.

Just so we're on the same page, here's screens of what we are talking about / trying to achieve:

So if you can see all the other levels in the list but not Path to New Dawn, then something is a bit off. Here's a more detailed way to enable it (I think this should work, not 100% sure though):

- Navigate to your Trine folder (this can be something like C:\Program Files\SouthPeak\Trine - search "Trine" if you can't find it otherwise)
- Then go to the "config" folder
- Then open "options.txt" (just double-click, it should open in Notepad)
- Scroll down until you see "game_has_been_completed = 0" line near the middle of the file
- Change the 0 to 1, and then save the file and close Notepad
- Run the game and see what happens.

Here's the same in a quick image:

Let me know how it goes. There are other things we can try, such as editing the savegame, but I'm hoping the above will solve it...

Edit: Or in fact, if the above does not work, please download this save, copy it to the profiles/default/save folder, and then extract it there. It will appear as "save_slot_5.dhs" and consequently in the game you need to use Save Slot 5 (it's in one of the menus). It should have the level unlocked too.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks for the screen by screen to help me try to fix it. I changed it to 1 as instructed. Unfortunately, nothing happened. I also follow your alternate instructions to do the Savelot 5 in the Profile/Default/Save folder. Nothing showed up in that one either. It just shows the four level that I had finished. Although I did notice that the last game for Hard for Tower of Sarek is always left as unfinished for Savelot4 even thought I've finished that level twice. I don't know if that is a glitch or not. Thank you for your help with this problem and would appreciate any further suggestion you can offer to resolve this.

Sarian

thenewguy

Postby thenewguy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm

I'm just going out on a limb here, but since there seem to be multiple issues here, have you attempted to un-install and re-install the game? Perhaps starting fresh and immediately installing the patch will do the trick? When you install the patch, are you logged in as the computer's Administrator?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 am

Yeah I'm at a loss here. Re-installing might be a good choice indeed. Remember to take backups though... I'll try to think something else during the weekend but this is really puzzling.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kostasmpyras

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 am

People must seriously STOP complaining about DLC , its just an added bonus, i you want to support FB work you buy it, if you want more after completing the game , you buy it, and thats all. Noone makes you buy it, its not essential for completing the game!!! Its not like you unlock the ending or annother character or aanother weapon set!!! ITS JUST A MISSION!!! ( and its 1 Euro for gods sake)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:09 am

Well this is really about the PC and some strange problem that prevents the DLC from being played. :) It's an interesting issue and we definitely want to get it solved (if reasonably possible, I'm running out of ideas here though).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kostasmpyras

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 am

I am refering to the PS version then :)

Sarian

Postby Sarian » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

I follow your instructions and reinstall it many times because it was not giving me the result I was looking for. I finally had to take the DirextX and the Windows Media Codec off just to see what would happen. I immediately uploaded the patch 1.08 as instructed, and I played through the hard level to see if PTND would show up. It worked beautifully. The lava flow slowed down and everything. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I really wanted to be sure the patch worked and everything. Thank you so much for your helping in solving this problem. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the great CS
Sarian

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Glad to hear. :) I have no idea what caused the problem but I guess it was just "one of those things" that happen sometimes.

Have fun. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”