Trine for PSN is a good choice?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
kostasmpyras

Trine for PSN is a good choice?

Postby kostasmpyras » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Hello everyone, i am a PS3 user and i have completed the demo version of the game . I am thinking about buying the game but currently I am having second thoughts because of the many bugs as seen in the support forums of the game.... So is it a good choice afterall?There was this guy complaining abot the PS version being inferior to the PC version as it comes to patches... So I have a few questions. The demo version is 1.00 . Does it automatically update it self when I activate it or does the DLC have the update?I am buying the DLC content anyway if I decide to buy the game but i would like to know. Also does it have a platinum trophy? That would be very good.Finally, any new DLC before 2 comes out?
PS.1: I am Greek so i am using the EUPSN
PS.2: I am going to study Games Concepts Design in the near future so...... Do you have any open spots ?? :P
Edit : i had to correct some typos :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine for PSN is a good choice?

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:02 am

Well actually, the European version should be fixed all-around. It should work fine, even the Trophy bug should be gone. And Trine does indeed have a Platinum Trophy. For gamers in North America it's a bit more difficult - the game is perfectly fine except for the Trophy bug, but of course that's quite annoying. In the worst case it would require a player to complete the game twice.

But for European version you should not encounter any problems.

The PSN demo version is actually a separate version, if you buy the game you will have to download the full game. That should be version 1.03 (Europe).

There most likely will not be any new DLC before Trine 2. We also don't have any open positions at the moment, sorry.

I hope this helps! :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kostasmpyras

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:55 am

no open positions? bleh.... anyway platinum is a good new and i am then going to buy it. thanks for the info , i was kinda worried because the DLC requres 1.02 and I am at 1.00 .Thank you again and keep up the good work ... Just one more thing..Maybe knight can be a little smarter in the sequel? I mean being dumb is fine by me , no problem there , but not understanding what an undead is? It's a little lame playing with such a hero :/

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:06 am

You should complete the main game (with version 1.00) first and then buy the DLC (if you want to - the level is very similar to the last level of the main game, so you should make your decision based on how much you like that level style). This way you'll be able to obtain all the Trophies. The DLC level does not contain any new Trophies (but you should collect all 10/10 purple potions, it has a small extra).

As for the Knight, I think he's a lovable character, and he has a good role in Trine 2. Maybe he's a bit smarter too, but of course his main characteristics stay the same... But I think overall the story is much better in Trine 2. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kostasmpyras

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 am

Ha!! Good news again! The best game i have played in months and you say 2 will be better? Thats very interesting!As for the story its not something very sophisticated but its not bad either . I just thought that by undead you mean zombies but whatever :) Beter with skeletons!

Return to “Trine”