question about ingame languages

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Javolenud

question about ingame languages

Postby Javolenud » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 am

Hi There,
I just bought 'Trine' from Amazon - it's the US 'South Peak Games' version. The languages are English, French and Spanish. Then I installed patch 1.08 and new language options appeared on the ingame menu (for example, German). But these new languages do not work ingame. If I select 'German' the game is silent with no dialogue.

I would like to have option of German or Finnish or Polish language for 'Trine' - is this possible with the version I bought?

Many thanks in advance for replies.

FB_Lauri

Re: question about ingame languages

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 am

We have to check if it's possible to make a separate patch to include all languages which are not in the north American version by default.

Javolenud

Postby Javolenud » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 am

Hello and many thanks for the reply. OK, that's fine. I hope that a patch may appear. Meanwhile I'll play the game with English language. Thank you for beautiful pc game.

AnnularVoid

Postby AnnularVoid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:49 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:We have to check if it's possible to make a separate patch to include all languages which are not in the north American version by default.

This would certainly make it easier for those of us who love the software to advertise it to our friends and family. Developers often wrongly assume that, for the US market for example, English and Spanish versions cover all possible market demand. That is far from the truth. I know people who speak English but would not buy any software unless it were in their native language. Being able to say that Trine is available in language X would be a great incentive for such people to give it a try.
Vista 64-bit

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah, I'll ask Joel to check this. Legally there shouldn't be any issues, as our Steam version has all languages already (but we need to check this, as well as to find time to create the patch).

With Trine 2 everything will be a lot better handled :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Yes the problem is that certain retail versions only include the audio files for the languages that they were shipped with. Our patches don't add the language audio files...

I will have to see how we should handle this, in theory we could just add the audio files too, or at least make them available in some other way. We are working on a new very minor patch that adds a couple of text-only translations, so perhaps I could add the audio into that patch too...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Gzegzolka

Postby Gzegzolka » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Some time ago I buy Trine for CD-Projket. I have English audio and text in Polish. Is it possible to switch translation back to English text?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Not with any truly official methods, however I've created a quick zip file you can download:
http://trine-thegame.com/help/Trine_Pol ... h_text.zip

Just extract the file to the Trine directory, and the Polish texts should be in English (maybe not in the Launcher but in the game itself). If it doesn't work, then rename the data5.fbz file to data4.fbz and try again. Should work, let me know.

And thanks for the support. :)

Regarding the other languages mentioned in this thread, we haven't made a decision yet about those - possibly I'll just make a separate patch to enable other audio languages, but this will have to wait at least a few weeks.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Gzegzolka

Postby Gzegzolka » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks for very fast help. I like a lot English audio, music and dialogs are great. I mean - quality of voice acting is perfect.
It's work, I even do not have to rename that file.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Good to hear. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”