Crypt of the Damned XP bug

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Mirabeau23

Crypt of the Damned XP bug

Postby Mirabeau23 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Frozenbyte,

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Tom, and I am one of the 0.3% of players that own the Platinum trophy for Trine 2 on the PS4, and I will say it's one of my proudest achievements in gaming.

I rewarded my achievement with a purchase of Trine: Enchanted Edition, and have been thoroughly enjoying playing through normal difficulty as well as hard/hardcore in separate save slots, with full intention to earn the game's platinum.

Well I say enjoying, I was enjoying it until today. I played through the Crypt of the Damned level, only to find that when I completed it I was down 2 Monster XP (I only had 18/20). I played through again, making sure I killed every single monster, but again no luck. So I watched a walkthrough on Youtube and saw that the troll at the end of the level gives 2 XP when defeated. I was sure that I didn't receive these.

I wanted to check for sure, so I played through the level in my hard/hardcore save slot only to find that yet again the troll didn't give me the 2 XP when I killed him.

Please help, I won't be able to enjoy playing through the rest of the game if I know that the Platinum is impossible due to a bug.

Tom
PSN ID: Mirabeau23

MarjutFB

Re: Crypt of the Damned XP bug

Postby MarjutFB » Thu May 21, 2015 6:59 am

Congratulations for getting the platinum! We know it's not too easy. ;)

We have actually also gotten few other reports from this level in Enchanted Edition, but it was resolved as the players played the level again. One easy to miss spot is right at the beginning: couple of skeletons spawn much later than the others. So, I recommend checking at least that area couple of times before continuing ahead.

Hopefully that solves it! If the problem persists we'll look into this – so, let me know how it goes! :)

Mirabeau23

Postby Mirabeau23 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I tried playing through the level again, and checked back to the start for late spawning enemies a couple of times like you said. I'm 99.9% sure I killed every enemy in the game, but am still missing 2 Monster XP.

Like I said in the OP, I remember not getting anything from the troll at the end.

I've posted a video of my play-through today, please have a look to see if you can spot where I am missing the XP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndl9xnHyZjY

I also copied my save slot data into Google Drive, you can download it from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwapoK ... sp=sharing

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Fri May 22, 2015 12:51 pm

I checked your video and it seems like you missed some enemies at around 2:46 as they spawned behind you. So, they might have the experience you are missing.

I don't know why you didn't get the experience from the boss, but it could had been that you collected them already. Please also note that if you were watching a walkthrough from the original Trine game the experience might be located a bit differently in it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully you'll get the last monster experience this time.

Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)

Mirabeau23

Postby Mirabeau23 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:01 pm

I am impressed! Not only by probably the best customer service I've ever received, but also for the fact that you nailed it.

Here's the proof:
https://sites.google.com/a/mrpennant.ne ... Trophy.jpg

Thank you so much MarjutFB. Platinum trophy here I come!

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Tue May 26, 2015 7:32 am

Good that you found the remaining experience!

Also good luck with the the remaining achievements! Just write here on the forums if you need more help. :)

Cheers!

Return to “Trine”