Dead end glitch

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Alexandrzvuk

Dead end glitch

Postby Alexandrzvuk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 am

Originally posted by alexandrzvuk:
The same thing in the catacombs level. I've already tried to restert level after verifying files integrity(it said one file was not ok and would be replaced), but anyway those three platforms just refuse to work properly.

[developer] 29 Aug @ 10:23am
Could you tell what happens with these platforms? Did you press the buttons down that activate platforms in-game?

Unfortunately, we are aware that this kind of raising platforms for some reason don't work correctly on some computers. Could this be the problem? This is however something that we haven't been able to reproduce at out office which is why there hasn't been a fix for this. :(

You could try if uninstalling and then reinstalling your PhysX drivers[www.nvidia.com] could help, but unfortunately this might be quite far-fetched.

One workaround is to levitate yourself to the other side instead. You can do this by stacking two objects on top of each other and then levitating the lower one with the Wizard.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully you can continue now!

You can use my machine for tests. The link below is a video showing the rpoblem.
I can't levitate the tower with Wizard on it, cause the hand turns red almost immediately. Also the triggering button is stuck.

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/? ... 7.mp4?dl=0

MarjutFB

Re: Dead end glitch

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:47 am

You probably saw my reply on that thread? Did you turn the Player Levitation on?

Unfortunately we really haven't managed to reproduce this at our office even after many attempts, so I can't promise a fix. Still I'll see if there is something I can do, so thank you for your report!

Return to “Trine”