Trine: Constantly disconnected in coop

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
zeroarst

Trine: Constantly disconnected in coop

Postby zeroarst » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:48 am

I am in Australia and I play with two of my friends who are located in Taiwan. One of them host the game usually. My ping is around 3xxMS, which is OK in the game. However, I am regularly disconnected almost every 5 minutes.....this is really annoying, it is hard to enjoy the game. Both of my friend do not have this issue. I have tried turn off firewall and antivirus, not working.

I also have tried to host the game by myself, and I found I was also disconnected in 5 minutes...............how come this also happened if I play on my own......

Please help me...I don't want this to spoil the fun.

MarjutFB

Re: Trine: Constantly disconnected in coop

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:30 am

I'm sorry for the day. Also I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the game, but here is something that you could try:

Firstly, please note that just turning off your firewall might not help if the game has already been blocked. So, please try to add the game's folder to your security program's exceptions instead.

If above doesn't help, please head to this thread. At least using the LAN only mode should be a sure fix, but you can try the other workarounds too.

That thread is made for Trine 2, but it also works for Trine Enchanted Edition and Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power as well because their Online Multiplayer is very similar. Just note that for example the options.txt files are located at %AppData%/Trine1 and %AppData%/Trine3 instead.

If you still need help after this please mention your operating system. Is it Windows? How about your friends' operating systems? You can also see what other information would be useful from the thread I linked.

If you need more help, you can email to us at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com to make sure we see your message as soon as possible, but we'll also try to keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers!

Return to “Trine”