Multiplayer news?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Wakko

Multiplayer news?

Postby Wakko » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Im kinda new to the party, but ive been browsing the forums a bit and now I have a few questiosn.

If i remember correctly, multiple mouse and keyboard support would be added to pc versions? Have this happend yet? I think I read this in the other multiplayer thread but I dont want to ressurect a dead thread

Also, there is no LAN/Online co op feature yet right? Any chance of us getting one?

Will trine 2 have LAN/Online Co op?

This have been dragging the game down very much imo, I am a full pc user, so I dont have any pads at all... Is the future bleak for me playing with my friends (multiple keyboard/mouse support)? Such a awesome game, but just like torchlight, being dragged down cause of lack of multiplayer

ZachCraft

Re: Multiplayer news?

Postby ZachCraft » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:06 am

Hey!

The Trine devs are really busy, so I'll answer this one for you:
If i remember correctly, multiple mouse and keyboard support would be added to pc versions? Have this happend yet? I think I read this in the other multiplayer thread but I dont want to ressurect a dead thread

If my memory recalls, yes, this has been added and allows you to play local (with the person sitting right next to you) co-op.

Also, there is no LAN/Online co op feature yet right? Any chance of us getting one?

Correct. There is no LAN / Online co-op feature for Trine 1. There will, however, be online multiplayer in Trine 2 that's "likely to feature steamworks".

Yep! I'm not sure if they've confirmed LAN, though. Online is certain, as the devs even made a new engine just for the game :)

Hope it helps!

Also, Torchlight 2 will feature online multiplayer :P

Wakko

Postby Wakko » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:31 pm

ZachCraft wrote:Hey!

The Trine devs are really busy, so I'll answer this one for you:

If my memory recalls, yes, this has been added and allows you to play local (with the person sitting right next to you) co-op.

Correct. There is no LAN / Online co-op feature for Trine 1. There will, however, be online multiplayer in Trine 2 that's "likely to feature steamworks".

Yep! I'm not sure if they've confirmed LAN, though. Online is certain, as the devs even made a new engine just for the game :)

Hope it helps!

Also, Torchlight 2 will feature online multiplayer :P

thanks! :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Yeah, thanks ZachCraft. :) That is accurate.

For more details, I think we may not have LAN, or at least not at launch. Perhaps we can add it later but I can't make a 100% promise yet.

Multiple keyboards and mice have been added to Trine and they work reasonably well, although the setup can be hard sometimes (there may be interfering devices which cause trouble).

I hope this helps. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

khodak

Postby khodak » Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm

I hope, that Frozenbyte after release Trine 2 will include online multiplayer capabilities also in Trine 1.

Return to “Trine”