My thoughts on Trine

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
kraytex

My thoughts on Trine

Postby kraytex » Mon May 16, 2011 9:36 am

I recently purchased Trine as part of the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, I finally beat it today and I'll have to admit that I was really impressed with this game.

I found the switching between characters concept intriguing and enjoyable, it really brought out the gameplay and set it aside from other platformers. I enjoyed making platforms and boxes as the Wizard and fighting as the Thief with a bow and arrows. I didn't really care about using the Knight, I only really used him if the Thief was dead or if I was in a sticky situation and spamming arrows wasn't going to cut it. Combat with the Knight is clunky and difficult, and you can't swing the sword over your head which made it very difficult when fighting bats.

Overall, I liked the storyline in Trine and I hope to learn more about the other relics in Trine 2.

thenewguy

Re: My thoughts on Trine

Postby thenewguy » Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 pm

My first time through, I felt the same way about the knight. However, I found later than if the knight is upgraded (especially his sword) then he becomes quite powerful toward the end and able to hack through enemies much faster.

AnnularVoid

Re: My thoughts on Trine

Postby AnnularVoid » Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 pm

When I just started playing, I found that I needed only the knight and the wizard, but mostly just the knight. I used the wizard when I needed to "cheat" and place a box to reach something the knight couldn't jump to. The thief, I switched to her only when I absolutely needed her rope. The arrows seemed useless. Now, I rarely use the knight unless there are too many skeletons around. I use primarily the thief. Now, my goal is to "kick the habit" of using the thief's abilities and attempt things with just the wizard. Just goes to show how different people can have completely different experiences with Trine's heroes.
Vista 64-bit

Return to “Trine”