Transfering savegames

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
navara

Transfering savegames

Postby navara » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

I bought trine for linux on budle action and later activated it on steam. Linux version works fine, I believe it's 1.08. Steam version puts 1.10 into savegames. I tried to look for 1.10 for linux - no luck.

Now, Steam is running actions where they grant "tickets" for certain actions - in case of Trine, it's staying 40 seconds under water. As I do allready posses amulet that allows it, I thought I will just copy savegame to windows version and jump in some pool.

Horewer, that doesn't work - while I appear on correct map all my characters are considered dead and event returning to last checkpoint doesn't revieve them. What shall I do so I can play that savegame on windows version?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Transfering savegames

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Ah. Yeah I'm not sure if Linux savegames will work with the Windows/Mac version - most likely not, as you just described. (The game itself should be the same - 1.09 and 1.10 were just minor updates.)

The easiest way, in all honesty, is to use our Trine Windows savegames here. I hope this helps. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

alt_tuomas

Postby alt_tuomas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

This could be a problem with the Steam Windows version. I don't see any reason why savegames shouldn't work between different platforms - at least we exchanged saves between Windows and Linux during development without problems. Also, the save files are in a simple text format. However we haven't tested the Steam Windows/Mac version and they could be doing something differently on saves.
Tuomas Närväinen
Alternative Games

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:41 am

Indeed I (now) believe the savegames work between the versions just fine. There's a recent Steam thread about, where I posted some thoughts and it seemed like it worked.

Moving Linux trine save game data onto steam cloud
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”