Buggy PC keyboard controls

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
spaceballer

Buggy PC keyboard controls

Postby spaceballer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I am trying to play Trine (from the latest Humble Bundle) on a Dell laptop (mouse and keyboard set-up) running Windows 7.

Frequently the directional controls remain on once I have released them (e.g., the character keeps on running forward to its death.

Also, less frequently the character jumps when I use the left-mouse button.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Giles

NeatNit

Re: Buggy PC keyboard controls

Postby NeatNit » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:46 am

Has this never happened to you in other games?
What mouse/keyboard do you use?

spaceballer

Postby spaceballer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 am

Hey

Thanks for the reply.

This has only ever happened in Medieval Total War, when trying to look round the battle field.

The mouse is a Microsoft optical mouse and the keyboard is just the one on my Dell Studio laptop.

Giles

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Sorry to hear. This is a curious problem... One thing that I always try to suggest when something strange happens is to re-download the entire game, just in case.

You could also see if enabling Multiple mice and keyboards has any effect on this - it's there in the Advanced part of the Launcher utility. This changes the way the keyboard(s) and mouse/mice interact with the game, and perhaps it would be helpful for you as well. Note that it may cause some issues, including using the laptop trackpad as a mouse, but I would suggest trying the keyboard controls and if the problem is gone, then we can fix the mouse issue (it just needs to get a proper ID, which can be done either in the game console by pressing F8 and then some /player1_mouse_ID commands etc or in the config\options.txt file).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”