Purple Potions, numbers on inventory/level up screen

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
PugPug

Purple Potions, numbers on inventory/level up screen

Postby PugPug » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:16 am

I have two questions. What are the purple potions for in Path to a New Dawn? I grabbed all 10 and didn't see anything happen.

Also, on the inventory screen, each character seems to have a number next to their portrait, such as 3, 6 or 2 (my characters, presently). What does this represent?

NeatNit

Re: Purple Potions, numbers on inventory/level up screen

Postby NeatNit » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Don't know about the potions thing, but maybe that number is their skill points? It's the only number I can remember being there...

You get skill points every time you collect enough green potions to "level up". You can use them to upgrade your characters' skills.

PugPug

Postby PugPug » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:02 pm

The purple (or magenta) vials only show up in the bonus level that unlocks after completing the game. There are 10 of them, but they serve no obvious purpose.

The numbers certainly changed as time went on, but they didn't seem to correspond with the number of skill points spent.

NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:44 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. The first 6 words are talking about the purple potions, the rest of the post are talking about your other question.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:41 am

The numbers are the available skill points. If you use them on an upgrade, then the number for that character should decrease.

The purple potions are special to the "DLC" level. If you collect them all and complete the level, you will see a small thank you (sort of a teaser to Trine 2).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”