frustrated, can't get online co-op to work!

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
neuroid

frustrated, can't get online co-op to work!

Postby neuroid » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:03 pm

My wife and I each have our own steam accounts. We both downloaded the Trine 2 demo and were looking forward to some online co-op this afternoon. I tried for almost any hour to get the stupid thing to work, but whenever I sent here an invite and she accepted it in the steam chat window, nothing would happen! A small window would pop up that said "status: smelling the roses", she would click OK and then.............. nothing.

She tried inviting me to a game, nothing. We tried an online public game, nothing. Nothing would work - any ideas what we could try to get the online co-op to work? Any tips would be appreciated!

FB_JussiE

Re: frustrated, can't get online co-op to work!

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 am

Hello neuroid and sorry to hear you are having troubles with the game.

Do you see any games hosted when you go to the server listing within the game (Multiplayer -> Join an Online Game) when one of you hosts a public game (or in case of private game search with the password below the server list) ?
If you can see the game(s) what happens when you try to join ?

For further things to try out, you can check http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2827833 which should include the most common issues.

Let us know if anything helps and if not, we'll try to assist further.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”