Missing all buttons in main menu

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Sodori

Missing all buttons in main menu

Postby Sodori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:35 am

So I have looked at that post with the physx here and such. I have closed ATI catalyst but still.

When I start it, first I went through steam then an external link (I downloaded a normal demo like normal people). The wherry first time I started it I recieved that menu buttons I now am gonna explain to you, but the videos was least said... messed up. So I reinstalled and now I only end up with this!

So, what am I experiencin? I load the game, it starts well, but in the main menu I can just see the background and my mouse. And instead of buttons like "options" and "new game" or whatever, I just hear some sound click when I move mouse over them. I repeat, I am missing the visual experience of you having buttons in the main menu. What am I missing? To be calling my computer crappy is to insult your GF, it's in the elite status. Is it too good? lol

Please help, have heard so much about this. All I want is a playable demo and chanses for me preorder this will increase so much that pigs will get scred, grop wings, and fly up to mars growing a new colony that will eventually take over the earth.

Best regards
//Sodori

FB_Lauri

Re: Missing all buttons in main menu

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:17 am

Sodori wrote:So I have looked at that post with the physx here and such. I have closed ATI catalyst but still.

When I start it, first I went through steam then an external link (I downloaded a normal demo like normal people). The wherry first time I started it I recieved that menu buttons I now am gonna explain to you, but the videos was least said... messed up. So I reinstalled and now I only end up with this!

So, what am I experiencin? I load the game, it starts well, but in the main menu I can just see the background and my mouse. And instead of buttons like "options" and "new game" or whatever, I just hear some sound click when I move mouse over them. I repeat, I am missing the visual experience of you having buttons in the main menu. What am I missing? To be calling my computer crappy is to insult your GF, it's in the elite status. Is it too good? lol

Please help, have heard so much about this. All I want is a playable demo and chanses for me preorder this will increase so much that pigs will get scred, grop wings, and fly up to mars growing a new colony that will eventually take over the earth.

Best regards
//Sodori

My best guess is that you have downloaded a corrupted pack (some sites had corrupted installers!) which is missing fonts (and most likely something else also). Try downloading the demo somewhere else.

Sodori

Postby Sodori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 pm

I've been trying 3 sites already. Might aswell give it a 4:th then. Got any to recomend that you know works? Maybe any user here know where they even did download it? :P

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:49 pm

If you have Steam, you could download it from there. I think I got mine from gamer's hell site.

Link: http://www.gamershell.com/download_47720.shtml
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Sodori

Postby Sodori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Fourth time the charm :)

Dang that's a nice game! Some minor issuses with the widescreen borders on top and bottom in cutscenes (they don't reach to end of screen sort of) but it's no big deal. I love it!

Just tell me where I should send the cake when this is complete ;)

Sodori

Postby Sodori » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:If you have Steam, you could download it from there. I think I got mine from gamer's hell site.

Was from there (among some else) it got corrupted lol. But I guess it was a metter of that 99.9999999% of corrunption in download as well (possibly). Just that it happened 3 times xD

Mishotaki

Postby Mishotaki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:37 am

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:If you have Steam, you could download it from there. I think I got mine from gamer's hell site.

i got the Steam version and i got the invisible menus problem too...
i tried downloading from gamespot.com before, but it was corrupted...
validating the game chache doens't change anything...

Sodori

Postby Sodori » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:26 am

Mishotaki wrote:

i got the Steam version and i got the invisible menus problem too...
i tried downloading from gamespot.com before, but it was corrupted...
validating the game chache doens't change anything...

If you still got the problem, then use fileplanets version. Worked for me.
Now I am a member and all and get max speed out of it, but I am quite possible you can get it even without a membership, least with free membership for shure.

And ofc you should get a direct link to it:
http://www.fileplanet.com/201865/200000/fileinfo/Trine-Demo

Troto

Postby Troto » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I've downloaded the Demo via Steam and it works great. Now i've bought the game via Steam and i got the same problem as described above.
I downloaded/reinstalled the Game with different Steam-Mirrors... but i have still no menu.

Im very dissatisfied... what can I do, to play the Game now?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Restart your computer. That probably fixes the issue. It's a font installation thing, I can't remember the exact reason but it is a thing we can fix (I just need some programmers to tell me what the problem was again). But try restart, that might fix it too. Let me know.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Troto

Postby Troto » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 pm

The restart fixes the problem. Thank you for the fast support, joel!

Sorry for a little offtopic, but i have another Question: The steamdemo was playable in german. But now ive bought the game for englisch and soumi. Will you patch this, so that i can play my version in german? If, how long must we wait? Thanks for ur answer!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:42 am

Troto wrote:The restart fixes the problem. Thank you for the fast support, joel!

Sorry for a little offtopic, but i have another Question: The steamdemo was playable in german. But now ive bought the game for englisch and soumi. Will you patch this, so that i can play my version in german? If, how long must we wait? Thanks for ur answer!

German, Spanish, French and Italian will be patched in.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”