Corruption in the Trine demo file

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Mishotaki

Corruption in the Trine demo file

Postby Mishotaki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:10 am

i downloaded the trine demo and upon installation, i ran into multiple corruption error messages...
even more if i try to install the directX files...

i tried playing the game... there is no sound whatsoever and all the textures got random colors... no mouse pointer... unplayable...

i tried downloading the same file again, with the same problem.... you guys got a torrent for it? i don't want to waste my bandwith that much anymore, fixing the file would be much easier...

i downloaded the demo from gamespot.com

hellgiver

Re: Corruption in the Trine demo file

Postby hellgiver » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 am

Download the game from Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ Its the #1 online content delivery system, after you download the game you can verify the download. You have to create a free account but there are loads of free demos and tons of great games.

Although Steam works differently then what you are used to...

Steam is a program that manages your games, you can purchase new games or download new content like demos through the program. So you must download Steam, then create your free account (happens after the install process), then download the demo through Steam.

Mishotaki

Postby Mishotaki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:11 am

sigh... i guess i'll waste more bandwith by downloading it again... on the worst content delivery system ever made... Steam...

gotta love how it will lag out every single player on my server while i download without being able to limit the bandwith it takes....

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:05 pm

I used this site's demo and it worked fine for me: http://www.gamershell.com/download_47720.shtml
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”