Controller Problems

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
bboydp

Controller Problems

Postby bboydp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:00 am

I have some serious controller problems, I have tried 2 controllers and I keep running into the curser not moving on the controller, so the Thief is worthless and so is the Wizard, the Knight is the only one I can play, but I am even having problems with the Knight, none of the buttons will block... jump and attack work great.

Has anyone else had these issues or know of any fixes.

2 controllers I have tried:

Xbox 360 Controller and Logitech Dual Action... with the latest drivers!

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Controller Problems

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:04 pm

I can only say that there indeed are problems with controllers.

You could try to map the controller buttons as keyboard buttons. I think that's how others have gotten their controllers to work and I think they mapped thumb sticks as hatswitches so it turns thumb sticks into on/off buttons with 8 directions.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

bboydp

Postby bboydp » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:37 am

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:I can only say that there indeed are problems with controllers.

You could try to map the controller buttons as keyboard buttons. I think that's how others have gotten their controllers to work and I think they mapped thumb sticks as hatswitches so it turns thumb sticks into on/off buttons with 8 directions.

Do you by chance have any information on how I can go about doing that, because everything you said sounds Greek to me. Thank you by the way!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:58 am

Xbox 360 controller should work directly without any bindings (with default gamepad settings). Please remember to change to gamepad controls, and not use keyboard+mouse for gamepads :)

(the cursor is right thumbstick with wizard, rest of the characters don't have cursor with gamepad)

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”