The Trials of a Player

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Darthlex

The Trials of a Player

Postby Darthlex » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Ok .. I am now going to take a deeeeep breath, and quietly 'n controlled try to explain how frustrated i've gotten by this time.

I (well, me and a friend) just saw "Trine" yesterday, and we were on the spot, completely sold. The game looked amazing, and the demo *was* amazing, the physics were solid, and the story is original and fun! And then .. THEN! We refused to buy the full game (because we wanted the story played together) 'till we got COOP to work. Here starts the trials of two teenage boys! -

#1. The fact that coop is on one screen is *no* problem .. Actually i think it makes perfect sense, and i love the teamwork, so NO this is not a rant about that #2. The fact that the game is 29,99£ on steam? No problem! i'd gladly pay that any day for a game like this, and it beats most games i've bought through the time, for much, much, more.

#3. The fact that gamepad controlling is so *horrible* so screwed up, and so weird .. It makes no sense. On one hand: We just bought a controller, a Joypad from gamestop, and while all the buttons seems to work .. the right analog stick seems to beleive that it's a freaking BUTTON! - Which makes it impossible to callibrate, since when you try pressing the analog, it jumps forward .. acting like one of the numbered buttons - That's one thing, and i am frustrated enough about that .. But when we go in game, the guy that uses the controller has NO AIM! He doesn't have any ways to use Shield, draw magic, etc .. SO WHY IS IT MADE LIKE THIS?`- This game is brilliant, i love it to death .. But it's a console game! - Who cares about LAN, just at least make the controls in it work?

(If anyone have any troubleshooting on how to make the right analog stick, stop thinking it's a freaking button, then i'd welcome any advice)

- To end off the rant, then THANK YOU, for brightening my grey day with something as colourfull and inventive as Trine .. This better be a cash-success, or we got proof that game companies does brainwashing!

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: The Trials of a Player

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Yeah, this has been talked about quite many times here and I think someone found an answer for this but I can't be sure.

Try searching, and also FB team is working on a patch which should fix controller problems.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

FB_Lauri

Re: The Trials of a Player

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:04 pm

The right analog stick should work like ... analog stick :|

But yes, we have fully tested support only for Xbox 360 pad currently, and users have also reported they have some other pads working as intended. We will improve our pad support hopefully soon.

However, if windows detects the pad correctly (and all of it's functions), you should be able to configure it properly inside the game also. But I might be also incorrect. Can you tell what pad you have?

The right analog stick is used for Knight's shield/throwing, Thief's shooting and Wizard's cursor control so yes if that doesn't work as intended, the game is near non-playable :?

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”