Cinematic Lag

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Abominabledoorman

Cinematic Lag

Postby Abominabledoorman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:08 am

The audio plays fine but the videos are extremely choppy. When it finishes it cuts of the last 5 seconds of audio, so it seems to be off sync. Kinda aggrevates me. Not a big problem, but i'd like to fix it incase it causes other issues. any ideas? game runs fine on any graphic settings.

fb_juha

Re: Cinematic Lag

Postby fb_juha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Are you using retail or Steam version? We have fixed one issue which could cause video and audio to go out of sync, but retail patch with this fix is not out yet.

Finzy

Postby Finzy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Same problem here, using the Steam version. I had the same problem in the demo (although it's a bit better in the full version, in the demo the cutscenes didn't even reach the end most of the time, but stopped abruptly while they were playing).

In addition to that, the screen briefly displays corrupted pixels (for like 1 second) at the beginning of the videos. The intro cutscene didn't have issues with sound, but all the cutscenes after that did, the speech stutters a lot and the cutscene plays like it's in slow motion.

I tried turning the high quality video option off, but it didn't make any difference.

System specs:

-2.93 Ghz Intel P4 CPU
-1 GB RAM
-Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT 512MB (ForceWare 185.85 drivers)
-SoundBlaster Audigy 4 soundcard (latest drivers)
-WinXP SP3

Game plays mighty fine otherwise on high settings and everything ticked. ;)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Many users have reported the lag being fixed with codecs, but not every case though. So we'll have to keep looking into this.

Finzy

Postby Finzy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that the cutscenes play perfectly fine on our laptop, which has the following specs:

- AMD Turion TL-60 2.0 Ghz dual core processor
- 4 GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS 512MB
-Windows Vista (64bit)

I think it might have something to do with slow processor speeds or something, but I'm not sure since it lags even without the high quality video option selected.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”