Developer console

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
stfudonny

Developer console

Postby stfudonny » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:25 am

I was trying to increase the volume on my laptop, suddenly I got a red console on the top of my screen and my character levels and items became all screwed up. Unfortunately, the game automatically saved over my characters so I couldnt just exit the game.

I will provide a screenshot if needed. I also noticed the game getting updated on Steam today. Is this what caused this weird behavior?

Edit: here is a screencap

http://imgur.com/XCf2x.jpg
http://imgur.com/DWWkW.jpg

I also get messages on the bottom of my screen like "Tester keybinds applied" or "Ready to kick some butt!"

My near perfect savegame has been damaged :(

UltimateO

Re: Developer console

Postby UltimateO » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:51 pm

The same thing happened to me when I was happily playing the dragon graveyard stage. I accidently pushed the <>- button (left from z) and that red console appeared. When I closed it the characters returned to the latest checkpoint and turned invisible :o Then I opened my inventory and I had every single item and skill unlocked???!! I exitted and continued but I still had those items :(. I guess I won't get the normal fun playsession at all, because of all these issues. Got to start from the beginning again->

stfudonny

Postby stfudonny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:58 am

The function keys seem to be mapped to various things, such as warp forward, war upward, give exp, some thing called ragdoll test but I don't know what it does, and some other random things.

Alt Tabbing seems to crash the game now too.

Did the game suddenly get patched and have those things on? It really killed my near perfect savegame. I was planning on replaying till I unlocked everything. Anyone got a changelog on the most recent update?

Tulkamir

Postby Tulkamir » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:27 am

I had the exact same thing happen as well. Be great if a) what seems to be debug commands were removed or made harder to access, and b) to find out if there is some way of fixing my now screwed save game.

Thanks. :P

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:52 pm

I'm very sorry for this screwup, it really seems our small team of who did not go on summer vacation patched the developer keybinds in. Well done, lads :roll:

Anyway, our programmers who usually are responsible of builds (read: who will fix things) comes back on Monday, and he will do a properly working build.

As of screwed up saves, I'll instruct the people who are responsible of this to come over to help you guys to fix your save games. They, luckily, are .txt files.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”