Trine Updates

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
seba_tx

Trine Updates

Postby seba_tx » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Hello everybody. I´m not native, so please excuse my weak english.

First of all, I´m abosolutely in love with this game, it´s the best game I´ve played since a long time. I´m also impressed with the fact that developers are able and willing to chat with users of this sensational game.

My doubt is how we the people who prefer the pc retail version will be able to download patches and updates for the game. I´ve seen there are 2 or 3 available for the Steam version, but I haven´t heard of any for the retail version.

Thanks in advance for your reply. Kind Regards!
Last edited by seba_tx on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Trine Updates

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 am

Steam currenlty has had 3 updates. The retail version updates are being handle by the trine's publishers and the first patch, 1.03, for retail versions should come out soon.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

seba_tx

Postby seba_tx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks so much for your kind reply. I´ll wait anxiously for the 1.03 retail update.

Kindest Regards

realszopen

Postby realszopen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question about Trine updates. I bought the download version of gamesplanet and I found out that there were patches available for retail version of Trine. However when I apply them to my installed Trine, the game suddenly starts asking for original CD, which I do not have, as I downloaded my game. That's not too surprising, however is there a way I could update my Trine somehow?? Maybe I could bind it together with Steam client in some way?

Burning Fish

Postby Burning Fish » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:47 am

This is a bit confusing. GamersHell lists three patches. I understand Metaboli is a direct2drive service, so the 1.03 patch is exclusive to those versions. It probably includes improvements only necessary for the Metaboli-game.
I have a non-Steam retail copy and downloaded and installed ONLY the 1.02 patch, which seems to work, even though it says you should first patch it to 1.01. So what's the deal here? :)

realszopen

Postby realszopen » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 pm

That was quite obvious, thanks :D The problem is I never use Gamershell website and google did not help in this matter.

Viking

Postby Viking » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Fileplanet has 1.01 EU retail and 1.02 EU retail, but in the description it says it's 1.03? Just downloading them now so will soon find out what versions they are.

Well I went straight to installing 1.02 and it worked. No idea how to tell what version it is though. Small problem (and I don't recall this happening in the original install) was I couldn't quit the Credits screen (thought it might show the version in there for some reason). Had to bring up task manager.

ps_matt

Postby ps_matt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:29 pm

realszopen wrote:Hello everyone,

Just a quick question about Trine updates. I bought the download version of gamesplanet and I found out that there were patches available for retail version of Trine. However when I apply them to my installed Trine, the game suddenly starts asking for original CD, which I do not have, as I downloaded my game. That's not too surprising, however is there a way I could update my Trine somehow?? Maybe I could bind it together with Steam client in some way?

Gameplanet=one of many websites using Metaboli as their distribution partner. In my experience mostly french-based publishers use Metaboli.
Direct2Drive=IGN's digital distribution publisher. Sometimes they have a generic "digital download" patch which can also be applied if you bought your game elsewhere , e.g. GamersGate but not always.
Just use the Metaboli patch , either directly from http://www.nobilis-france.com or from any of many sites mirroring it, e.g. http://www.patches-scrolls.de/trine.php#103

A real retail patch 1.03 should be out shortly. If anyone has a list of changes for 1.03, PM me... All I could find was Steam's list and Steam achievements are certainly not noteworthy if you did not obtain your game via Steam.

seba_tx

Postby seba_tx » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Retail Patch v1.03 is available at nobilis french site, but IT DOES NOT WORK, it is still imposible to customize controls. :evil:

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”