No Multi - Mice / Keyboards = LOCK UP , Help?

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Taggart

No Multi - Mice / Keyboards = LOCK UP , Help?

Postby Taggart » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:52 am

*deleted*
Last edited by Taggart on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

eulogy

Re: No Multi - Mice / Keyboards = LOCK UP , Help?

Postby eulogy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:57 pm

This was a huge pain, and I would wait to do this until you have your friends over and ready to play the game from start to finish, because I believe rebooting your computer, or re-plugging in any of the keyboards can mess this up.

• Only have one mouse and keyboard plugged in at this moment.
  • What you need to do is open up the device manager (windows key + pause, or right click on My Computer and click Properties, then click Hardware tab, then Device Manager).
  • Once you've done that, uninstall EVERY keyboard by right-clicking "HID Keyboard Device" and clicking uninstall.
  • Uninstall all mice that isn't yours. There should be only one in the list and your mouse should be working. If you've got a tablet, sometimes the driver keeps popping up. Make sure to get rid of it. If you do accidently uninstall yours, unplug and replug-in your mouse, and only one SHOULD pop up.
  • Unplug your keyboard, then plug in every keyboard, ONE AT A TIME, and watch the HID keyboards pop up in device manager. If any one of them adds more than one, you'll have to get lucky and delete the ones that isn't the actual keyboard. (If you find one has more than others, start all over and plug that one in first and deal with it first.) Open up notepad and ensure that there are only the number of devices in the list as in keyboards you have, and make sure they all work after deleting some. My G15 added FOUR devices, so I just had to use process of elimination and finally got just the one that was the keyboard there, and then plugged in the rest of the keyboards.
  • You should end up with 3 HID Keyboards under Keyboards, and 3 Mice under Mice and other pointing devices.
  • You can screw around with \trine\config\options.txt (search for "player1_mouse_ID" without quotes) changing the numbers. It's easier to just move mice around your table than it is to screw with this.

This most likely happens because it just picks 3 keyboards and mice from that list to work with you. If the one mouse that gets selected as the menu-controller, it'll seemingly "freeze". It took me about an hour to figure all this out and get it working. It was worth it. Just be patient.

Also, I had an issue with the mouse not showing up when we all died. If we went to the menu, it was alright, but trying to click "load from last checkpoint" after death, the mouse wasn't visible, but the text does light up as you hover over it.

Taggart

Postby Taggart » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:19 am

*deleted*
Last edited by Taggart on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

baboo00

Postby baboo00 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:07 pm

eulogy wrote:This was a huge pain, and I would wait to do this until you have your friends over and ready to play the game from start to finish, because I believe rebooting your computer, or re-plugging in any of the keyboards can mess this up.

• Only have one mouse and keyboard plugged in at this moment.
  • What you need to do is open up the device manager (windows key + pause, or right click on My Computer and click Properties, then click Hardware tab, then Device Manager).
  • Once you've done that, uninstall EVERY keyboard by right-clicking "HID Keyboard Device" and clicking uninstall.
  • Uninstall all mice that isn't yours. There should be only one in the list and your mouse should be working. If you've got a tablet, sometimes the driver keeps popping up. Make sure to get rid of it. If you do accidently uninstall yours, unplug and replug-in your mouse, and only one SHOULD pop up.
  • Unplug your keyboard, then plug in every keyboard, ONE AT A TIME, and watch the HID keyboards pop up in device manager. If any one of them adds more than one, you'll have to get lucky and delete the ones that isn't the actual keyboard. (If you find one has more than others, start all over and plug that one in first and deal with it first.) Open up notepad and ensure that there are only the number of devices in the list as in keyboards you have, and make sure they all work after deleting some. My G15 added FOUR devices, so I just had to use process of elimination and finally got just the one that was the keyboard there, and then plugged in the rest of the keyboards.
  • You should end up with 3 HID Keyboards under Keyboards, and 3 Mice under Mice and other pointing devices.
  • You can screw around with \trine\config\options.txt (search for "player1_mouse_ID" without quotes) changing the numbers. It's easier to just move mice around your table than it is to screw with this.

This most likely happens because it just picks 3 keyboards and mice from that list to work with you. If the one mouse that gets selected as the menu-controller, it'll seemingly "freeze". It took me about an hour to figure all this out and get it working. It was worth it. Just be patient.

Also, I had an issue with the mouse not showing up when we all died. If we went to the menu, it was alright, but trying to click "load from last checkpoint" after death, the mouse wasn't visible, but the text does light up as you hover over it.

I already tried that, and done it right, at least 10 times and I still can't get it to work.

Taggart

Postby Taggart » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 am

*deleted*

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”