Unable to load Trine

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Marky110

Unable to load Trine

Postby Marky110 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi,

I downloaded Trine via Steam last weekend, this is showing as succesful however when i try to load it i get as far as the launch page and when i click Launch i get the message that there is an error "trine has stopped working" a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It then closes the program and nothing.. i have reinstalled it.

Bit frustrated as this is my first experience with Steam, the PC i am using is approx 6 months old and to a good spec, Windows Vista and an intel core 2 Duo processor...

Please advise
M,

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Unable to load Trine

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 am

Did steam install the PhysX drivers, did it also install this small wmv plugin which comes with the trine? Do you have latest directX and do you also have latest graphic drivers?

If steam did install the physX drivers, try downloading the latest ones and uninstall the current ones, then apply the latest ones you just downloaded.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Marky110

Postby Marky110 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks for this.

I have tried downloading the Physx driver from Nvidia, when i try to install it though it crashes after the user licence acceptance screen. Do i need to un install first? if so how do i do this as it's not on the un install prgrams page?

I have a n ATI graphics card Radeon HD3450

Thanks
M,

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Hmm... The installer could be corrupted or something. Try redownloading it.

And if there indeed isn't a meantion about NVIDIA PhysX in your add/remove applications list then you most likely don't have those drivers at all.

And because you have ATI's card you for sure have to have PhysX drivers installed because these drivers move the physics calculations away from the GPU which isn't capable to calculate them onto CPU which is capable to calculate them.

PhysX are Nvidia's physics which are used in this game.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”