PS4/PSN Trine 2 Multiplayer Problem

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Eddy

PS4/PSN Trine 2 Multiplayer Problem

Postby Eddy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 am

Hello,

I have with the multiplayer some troubles.
When I host a private Lobby my friend can join the lobby but he get stuck at the loading screen.
If I try it otherwise I can join his lobby with no problems, but if he starts the game I will kicked out of the session after a few seconds.... I see the loading screen then I see either a frozen screen with the character from the other player or the other player do apparently always the same (repeat the actions).
After this I get the message the other player has left the game (is not true) and that I had quit the online session (although I didn't press anything).

I have tried it serveral times at different days with random people which play in a open multiplayer game session.
Also I have reinstall Trine 2 Complete Story on my PS4 too.
As well I have changed my router settings, port approval and more...

My region is Europe (Germany). I am now at the tail of my ideas...
Is there no way that you can fix something about an update?

By the way, if play coop offline only player one get's the trophies...
That's not really cool if you want play it at hardcore and go to platinum. :(

I has read at the other topic's that you may know what the problem is but you can't do that much. Can you explain exactly what the problem is, please?

I will be chuffed if you can look at the problem and may find a solution to fix it.

Thank you very much!!

King regards
Eddy

RiikkaFB

Re: PS4/PSN Trine 2 Multiplayer Problem

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Eddy!

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with the multiplayer. Are you experiencing this with any other games than Trine 2? You said you had tried it several times with different random people, did this go exactly the same (you get kicked out after a few seconds)? Did your friend try it with other people as well, did he have any difficulties with other people or just with you?

From that description, it sounds like it might be a latency issue. It seems like there's a bug in Trine 2 that with a high enough latency it just stops working online. Fixing this is on our list and we are looking into it, but I can't make any promises about the schelude. Unfortunately it might take a while.

If there's something you can do to improve things on your end, it might help (like switching from a wireless connection to a wired one, for example). You could also try to do a connection test in the PlayStation 4 network settings section and see if there are any settings you could change to improve the situation. You already said you've changed your router settings - could you give us more information, like which settings, so we could perhaps try to help? I'm sorry there's not much else that I can think of at the moment.

About the trophies - it's true that in local co-op, only one person can get the trophies. I understand why it might feel frustrating, but we can't really do anything about this either, as it's not a really simple matter to make the game somehow acknowledge different PlayStation Network accounts and register the Trophies to them accordingly. Sorry about this inconvenience too.

Cheers,
Riikka

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi Riikka,

thanks for your fast answer!
Are you experiencing this with any other games than Trine 2?
No only Trine 2, as example Dead Nation works.

You said you had tried it several times with different random people, did this go exactly the same (you get kicked out after a few seconds)?
Yes it was always the same. I tried to join a open lobby too (not running game) but after 30 sec. I get kicked out with the same message.

Did your friend try it with other people as well, did he have any difficulties with other people or just with you?
He had nearly often the same problems. Sometimes he can't join to my lobby at all. If I remember it right, he got the message that it is not possible to join my lobby. (Maybe the latency issue too :?: )

Yeah it sounds like that, unfortunately I can't see my ping.
But I am just wondering why I should have that high latency (my downlaod bandwith is 1,9 mbit/s and my friend has 50 mbit/s).
It is nice to hear that you will look after this issue 8) and of course I know that it is not easy to fix some problems so fast. So I am already happy when you will work at the near future on it. ;)

My Playstation 4 is already wired connected, maybe I have the chance/time to take my PS4 to a friend. There I can test it again if I can join some lobbies/games.
Yes I can try to change some router settings and look at the Playstation 4 network setting if something has improved. But I have no big hope...

My PlayStation 4 says after the network connection test it is all right and I have a NAT-Typ 2.
My Router settings are:

Port forwarding for PS4 (IP-Adress) with following ports:
-TCP-Ports: 80,443,5223
- UDP-Ports: 5223,3478,3479,3658

Only thing what come into my mind is to take the router firewall off... But that's not really safely :roll:

To the trophies - From this aspect I haven't look at it like you had it discribed. It's only a litte confusing that you can login with two PSN-Accounts but only player one can get the trophies even though player two is loged in too.
Don't know that the technican issue is more diffcult than it seems.

But for now thanks for all the effort you make to help me here!!
Hope dies last... so maybe we can find an solution whatever it will be.

Cheers,
Eddy

PS for knowledge: I work now for some years as IT-Operator (controll a computing centre), so I well-versed at this subject matter 8). Before I had worked as computer programmer/coder so I know at the paper looks some solution very easy but get it working on practice is sometimes really diffcult.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Thanks for your message! We will look into this and let you know if we come up with anything that might help before we get the patch out - but it looks like we might not be able to offer any help with this. : /

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:41 am

Hi again,

I found a solution for my issue!!! :wink:
Don't really know what the different is but maybe you can find now the problem.
Until now I had joined PSN via LAN and had all the described problems.

Today I tried to play multiplayer again with a friend, together we got an idea.

Each of us was connect via LAN to PSN... now we changed both the connecting to WLAN!

Now all works fine, no laggs or something else. I am at the moment so happy that it works
that I can't grasp that it's really works now! :mrgreen:

I hope you can find the reason, maybe patch this issue sometime.
I wish you guys a nice weekend!

Cheers,
Eddy

bozo the klown

Postby bozo the klown » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 am

I'm having these exact same issues eddy did. I connect through WiFi and have played with my friends up to level 6 or 7, nothing has changed but now I suffer the exact issues eddy did. This must be some sort of glitch because i can play every and any multiplayer game on ps4 except for Trine 2. I have a 3d tv and i weep that I cant play this game with my friends and complete our journey. best 3d game I've seen. so beautiful. So... to say it's frustrating would be an understatement, this has induced teeth grinding and hair pulling because I cant figure this %@! out. Did about everything eddy did and more and still no luck. The only thing I haven't done is delete my save slot. I'm getting desperate and might do it. But I'm sure it would only lead to me still getting booted and freezing up my friends. Only to be without all the experience gained and make my blood boil. Please help.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Eddy wrote:Hi again,

I found a solution for my issue!!! :wink:

Really glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing this. :) I hope you have fun playing the game with your friend.

bozo the klown wrote:I'm having these exact same issues eddy did. I connect through WiFi and have played with my friends up to level 6 or 7, nothing has changed but now I suffer the exact issues eddy did. This must be some sort of glitch because i can play every and any multiplayer game on ps4 except for Trine 2. I have a 3d tv and i weep that I cant play this game with my friends and complete our journey. best 3d game I've seen. so beautiful. So... to say it's frustrating would be an understatement, this has induced teeth grinding and hair pulling because I cant figure this %@! out. Did about everything eddy did and more and still no luck. The only thing I haven't done is delete my save slot. I'm getting desperate and might do it. But I'm sure it would only lead to me still getting booted and freezing up my friends. Only to be without all the experience gained and make my blood boil. Please help.

Sorry to hear about this. You mentioned you tried some solutions, could you specify exactly what you have tried already?

Like I explained above, this issue is most likely related to a high latency. As such, there is not much that we can suggest, other than to try and improve things on your end. You can try to think of anything that might help reduce your latency, such as switching from a wireless connection to a wired one or changing your router's settings. Have you tried those? Could you mention which settings you changed? This site might be useful when forwarding ports.

You mentioned that you consider deleting your save slot. I would advice against that; this issue should not have anything to do with your save slot, so you would only lose your progress for nothing.

I hope this post was of some help. Let me know how it goes. :)

bozo the klown

Postby bozo the klown » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 pm

really cant see how it be on my end when i'm playing battlefield with 64 players. kill zone with 24. destiny with 6. but cant play trine with one other player? I'll tell you what I've done later when I'm not about to head of to work. But really, a latency issue? I have played this game with no lag in the past. just not in the last month due to this "bug". nothing has changed on my end. so now my latency just aint good enough? when it was in the past? what gives?

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 am

Yes, like I said above it's a bug, but one that should be related to high latency. Naturally games are designed to work then as well, but at the moment it seems like this bug sometimes prevents that. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, but unfortunately we can't do much until we get this fixed - and at the moment I can't make any promises about if and when that might happen.

Players have however often managed to get the online multiplayer working when taking steps to reduce their latency. This is why I asked what steps you have taken (as you said you tried some); we can't really offer more suggestions without knowing that. If you could check what's your NAT type and tell us details about your PS4's internet settings or about your router and it's settings, that might help as well.

I hope we'll get this working for you. Sorry again for the inconvenience. We'll be waiting for your reply. Cheers. :)

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”