Can´t install Physx

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
monDschatTen

Can´t install Physx

Postby monDschatTen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 am

I would really like to play the game, but i can´t install Physx. I downloaded the demo version of the game and started to install it. It works great till Physx is going to be installed. Then my Windows blocks the installation and ends it. I successful put this service off and tried to install the demo a second time. Now the Installation just crashes when Physx is going to be installed. I also tried to install Physx independent of Trine (downloaded from the internet) but got the same problem. So the game crashes every time when the loading scene is over.
My PCs runs on Windows XP SP2, a Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS, 2 GB Ram and a 6400+ dual core by AMD.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Can´t install Physx

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 am

That sounds weird... If you have software firewall running, you could try to turn it off or if you have antivirus programs running which could block the installer, try disabling them.

I can't come up with anything else.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

monDschatTen

Postby monDschatTen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:50 am

The installation still crashes even when i put off my Antivir and Windows Firewall (there are no more firewalls on my PC) :-(

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Have you downloaded the drivers from this site: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0428_whql.html

Because it could be that the installer you have is corrupt and that's why crashes.

monDschatTen

Postby monDschatTen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 pm

I got three, now four different Physx installers (and when i remember right one of them through the nvidia page) but this one doesnt work, too, like all the others.
I am quite sure that when i install my Windows again it will work, but i really don´t want to do that :(

Edit: My PC runs also on the newest Nvidia Graphics driver (190.38) which isn´t a beta driver version

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah. It sounds like and issue with your windows. You could try to do window's repair install.

Meaning that you don't try to repair it but you take the option to reinstall the whole windows THEN you are asked again if you feel like making a repair install instead of overwrite install. Take the repair install.

But remember to backup all the desktop icon positions, which programs you have installed and start menu folders and stuff like that. ;P The repair install MAY make that info disappear but I can't be sure because it's been so long since I installed the windows myself.

Anyway, I think it's a problem with your windows then.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”