Trine 2 on Steam

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Viny Lonny

Trine 2 on Steam

Postby Viny Lonny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:18 am

Hello.
I was playing Trine 2 alone, and I played all 13 levels and two others (the goblin).
Then, I started to play online with my friend. My exoerience points was the same when I was playing alone, that's ok. We played all the 13 levels and when started the level 1 The return of the heroes, my experience points went to 0. All my experience and my spells are gone.
Also, I can't choose a level to play, all levels are locked, less 1. The beginning of the story and 1.The return of the heroes.

Waiting for a reply.
Thank you.

MarjutFB

Re: Trine 2 on Steam

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:50 am

Seems strange.

Do you have the correct save slot selected? It could be possible that your save slot changed during this. You can choose the save slot and check this from the game's menu by going to Main Menu → Single Player → Choose Save Slot.

You could also try to verify the game cache for the game. You can do this by closing the game and then following these steps: right click on Trine 2 in your Steam Library → click on Properties → choose the local files tab → click the button to VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

If above doesn't help, unfortunately it would sound like your save file could be corrupted and probably can't be recovered. :( This could have been caused by some kind of a glitch with the game and the Steam Cloud service, but can't really say for sure. I haven't heard about this before.

If it seems like you can't get your save files back, you could email us and we probably can send you a save that has the base game completed (but not the Goblin Menace DLC). Email us to Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com if this would sound okay. If you email us, please mention this thread in your email.

Let me know if you have any questions about this or just how it goes. Cheers!

Viny Lonny

Postby Viny Lonny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Very strange.

I checked the save slot selected, and it's correct. I always had only one slot and still the same.
I also tryed verify integrity of game cache, found one error, but didn't work.

Probably is corrupted =(

I'll send an e-mail, but the problem isn't only the levels, is my skill points too. I had exactly 24 skills points. It's a little hard play the DLC with 0 points.

Is there any way I can recover my 24 skill points?

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 am

I'm not sure what happened to your save but I don't think the skill points can be recovered to it. This is why I'm offering you a new savefile also. And no worries, the save file we'll send you will have experience points collected. I'm not exactly sure how much, but I can check it if you want or you can just try it. :)

Just email us and we'll send you the save file and instructions for how to apply it to your game. Please link this thread to your message.

Cheers!

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”