problem playing trine too slow

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
tireman_wiz

problem playing trine too slow

Postby tireman_wiz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:07 pm

i have two pcs here are the specs

windows vista 32bit /w sp2
amd dual core turion
nvidia 7000m

other is vista 32
amd anthon dual core
ati radeon x1250

i have downloaded physx on both comps turned aa and af off on both

game runs but really slowly on both even in low detail, i tried turning everything on launcher down to minimum still not playable but did improve slightly.

oh yeah have directx downloaded i downloaded this demo from trine website

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: problem playing trine too slow

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Those are laptops, right?

I'm guessing that either you are running too old drivers for those graphic cards, you don't have enough RAM for the game to run smoothly, your processors are too slow or your graphic cards don't support some features which the game requires from them.

I'm guessing the issue is at your processor or at your graphic card.

Uninstall the old graphic drivers, install new ones and see if anything improved. Also if you could give us your processors' speeds it would help to know are they meeting the minimum requirements.

Laptops rarely are gaming machines unless they are primarily designed for that purpose.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

tireman_wiz

Postby tireman_wiz » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:32 am

ok one is a acer aspire m3100 with amd anthlon 64x2 dual core 4800 (2.6ghz). 3 gigs of ram and this one is a desktop with ati radeon x1250. I did update the drivers but i did not uninstall before i did

the other is a acer aspire 5520 with amd turion 64x2 1.9 ghz with nvidia geforce 7000m gpu with 1.75 gigs of ram and i did have it on high performance with the charger plugged in.is either one of these quality enough to run it?

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm not sure what are the Trine's shader requirements but I'm guessing the game requires graphic cards which can support quite latest shaders.

Anyway, to me it seems that your desktop should be able to run Trine with that x1250 graphic card if rest of the specs are meeting the Trine's minimums. Try uninstalling your current graphic drivers and reinstalling them.

I didn't uninstall my old Nvidia's drivers and just installed new ones over the old ones. The end result was that in UT3 I got "Device doesn't support 1x32 fps rendering mode" or something like that. Uninstall your current drivers and reinstall the new ones.

(Note: Your resolution will be 640x480 after you uninstall the old drivers and reboot so make sure to take a screenshot of your desktop so you can rearrange your icons to their old places when you have finished installing those graphic card drivers. ;) )

tireman_wiz

Postby tireman_wiz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:32 am

Ok i have uninstalled drivers and then reinstalled, that didnt seem to help any either.I guess if i want to play this i will have to get it for my ps3 i guess. This really bums me out. BTW i also only did this on my desktop, I will work on laptop if i can get this to work

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Hmm... Then I guess your computer just is too underpowered. =P You could also try one last thing and turn the EAX sound off and if that didn't do anything then you could turn the sounds off totally.

tireman_wiz

Postby tireman_wiz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

im not sure what it is either cause my brother has another pc with about the same specs and it runs just fine on his. I aslo already killed the sound on it and it still didnt play right. I am gonna add one other difference i dont know if it even makes a difference but his is on a flatscreen monitor and i have mine hdmi to tv. If that makes any difference let me know

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Hmm... I highly doubt that but you could always try a normal monitor just for this game but I really doubt that a monitor could cause the lag.

I'm quessing the problem is somewhere in software area if your brother's computer really is very similar to yours. The problem could be in drivers or other programs running on the background or something like that.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:57 pm

If this is still "active", I can help a bit further. I would say that the X1250 computer might be better for this, although that graphics card is a little underpowered too. But it should be better than 7000M.

Anyhow, the one thing that will definitely help with low framerate on low-end computers, is this:

- open the console with F8 key
- write "/render_half_resolution 1" and press enter (without the quotations)

You should see as the game becomes less sharp - basically it halves the resolution the game is rendered in. The user interface stays the same though so it should be good.

Let me know. And ShadowStealer, thanks for all the support you've done here on the board. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:02 pm

No problem. =) I just like to help others so they can enjoy the game too.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”