Steam saving problems

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Daggerheart

Steam saving problems

Postby Daggerheart » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey,

I bought Trine now in december 2009 on Steam. The game will not save the last checkpoint. I thought this issue was fixed?

Please help me, since I love this game.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Steam saving problems

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:43 pm

In what way it doesn't save it? When you die you won't get moved back to the last checkpoint but a checkpoint before the last one?

Or when you finish a level the game won't save you to start from the last checkpoint when you start the level again?
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:59 pm

As I replied on the Steam Forums: Trine saves between levels - there's 15 in total and they show up in the Choose level menu. Unfortunately checkpoint progress isn't saved (a technical issue which probably won't be fixed). Sorry about this, I know it's annoying...

If there's a problem with the level saves, then something's wrong and we should work it out. Let me know if this was the case.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

udoh

Postby udoh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Wonderful game. Just bought 3 copies, but this save system is not fun, makes it hard for me to play and enjoy, being a family person often means games need to be saved at any time.

Hope one day this can be fixed.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Sorry to hear. Unfortunately it's probably not going to get fixed as it's a rather big technical "problem". If it's any consolation, all the items and experience you gain in a level will be saved even if you have to quit before finishing it, so on the second time you can get through the same places a little faster. But I know it's not the same thing - sorry! :(
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”