Screen Lightens During Gameplay

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
tmountain

Screen Lightens During Gameplay

Postby tmountain » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi, I bought my parents a copy of Trine for xmas (retail DVD box edition), and I set it up on their computer myself on xmas day. I ensured that they have the latest Nvidia drivers for their 7600 GT video card, and I also installed the most recent physx drivers before installing Trine and patched the game up to 1.05 after the install. The game plays smoothly, but they're encountering a very strange issue. The longer they play, the lighter the screen becomes to the point where it's almost impossible to see any of the elements on screen. Restarting the game restores the graphics to the appropriate levels but after playing for a bit, the issue returns. Needless to say, this is very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Screen Lightens During Gameplay

Postby fb_joel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Wow, sounds really strange. The first thing that comes to mind is that the graphics card or other parts of the computer might be overheating. So turning down the graphics settings could help a bit. Trine is known to take a toll on the graphics card, so other games (even new ones) might not cause any symptoms.

When this starts happening the next time, it would be useful to get a screenshot - you can press F11 to take a screenshot and it's saved to \screenshots folder in the game folder. I expect this to be "as should be" no matter what goes on, and this would basically confirm that it's some sort of a graphics card issue (hardware).

Of course, there's also the Brightness slider in the game, in the Options menu. In theory this could still work when the problems arise...

If the game is alright for a level or two, then I would simply suggest playing the game in such intervals...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Screen Lightens During Gameplay

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 pm

Hmm... Lighter you say? Sounds like bloom overflow to me or something related to bloom. If there was an option to turn off the bloom, try that. Usually bloom effect works like that, brightening everything up and could result in that kind of over brightness.

But it could be some part of your computer overheating too.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”