Trine for PC with 2 XBox 360 Controllers

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
mimojo

Trine for PC with 2 XBox 360 Controllers

Postby mimojo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm

I have been looking for good, local, multi-player games off a PC that were adventure and puzzle based and found Trine. I downloaded the demo (PC meets all requirements). I like it but Player 2 (co-op) will not work, the second player does not appear at the same time. I have two xbox 360 controllers attached, and changed the controls for both 1 & 2 to the xbox controllers. I tried hitting the start button on both controllers, but that didn't help. I am testing for purchase decision, but if I can't get this working, I will not purchase it. Can you help? Is this a bug that will be fixed? I am still at the first level, and set it to Easy for the sake of testing co-op play. I am hearing that the XBox controllers are thoroughly tested with Trine, but something just isn't right. Second controller works with other games. I am using US version.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine for PC with 2 XBox 360 Controllers

Postby fb_joel » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

First thing you should check is the demo version. I believe the original demo version has some issues with gamepads, but the latest one should work fine. Basically, if you got the demo from anywhere else but Steam and the official site, then the chances are that it's the old version. In that case simply download http://www.trine-thegame.com/TrineDemo.exe

Do let me know what happens... I plan to create a controller "tutorial" with images etc within a couple of days so that setting up the configs isn't such a mess anymore... But in this case I think the newer demo version will fix it.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

mimojo

Postby mimojo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks, I will try it and let you know.

mimojo

Postby mimojo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:31 pm

re-download and install didn't help. Still only works on one controller. on another post, someone says they have the same issue, but he resolved it himself and didn't tell what he did. It is post "Game won't switch between controllers" by Chimoshi on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:45 pm in Trine Technical Support. Do you know of this issue or what he may have done to resolve it?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Please see http://trine-thegame.com/help/trine_x360controllers.jpg

Does that help? It could be clicking the Change button, or perhaps you just didn't realize the game didn't allow the second player to join until the second level... Apparently the game doesn't tell this to the player (it might if you press Start, that's how it works on the PS3, but I'm not sure on PC). We should've made it easier/clearer. :oops:

I'll make better/more general instructions once I have time, but this should solve this particular problem I hope. (It works with the demo too but in the demo it changes the configs to Custom configuration 1, which should be changed back to Default configuration for the Xbox 360 controller, because the defaults work great.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

mimojo

Postby mimojo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I didn't know 2nd player couldn't join until 2nd level. I was testing on the first level. I will try it on the second level.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”