Constant Left movement Heartland Mines level

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
danzi

Constant Left movement Heartland Mines level

Postby danzi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:04 am

Hello Guys,

I am fascinated with this game. Playing on PS3 Slim 250g version.

I play on Hard difficulty and earned all the Master trophies up to the Ruins Master. Now I came to the next one, called Heartland Mines and there is a chest with some XP bottles on the right side of a cliff. It's not far from where the Magician gets the levitating platform spell. So I jumped to the chest and checked if the character still had free slots to open it.

:!: As soon as I got back to the game, there was a constant LEFT movement of the character and it jumped to the deep, then the next did the same and even when I go back to the checkpoint, the character spawned and it just keeps wandering left and jumps to inevitable deaths. :!:

:(

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Constant Left movement Heartland Mines level

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Sorry to hear that, sounds really strange.

There's a few things to try: First, I'd unplug/restart the controller. Then I'd check if the other levels work fine, and perhaps even start a new game with a new saveslot (make sure you don't overwrite the original though!). Let me know if these help.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fize4ever

Postby fize4ever » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 pm

you were very detailed about this
was it just this location ?

danzi

Postby danzi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi guys,

Here is what I did:

- change controller
- quit to main menu, go to another level

These didn't help, but the controllers were fine after pressing the PS button and in the X-bar it was okay.

So I quit the game and went back to the same level, and jumped back to that location again, and it didn't happen.

Was strange tho. I don't think this is easily reproduceable...

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Yeah. It's probably related to the character changing issue - many times (or even always) upon changing characters, they will momentarily face left by default if you are e.g. moving to the right. It's some weird issue and it's in fact so deeply rooted in some core systems that we have not dared to attempt to fix it, at least that's my understanding of the situation.

But anyhow, I guess it's alright now.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”