TRINE weirdness (currently says PHYSX > CPU on screen)

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
graberc

TRINE weirdness (currently says PHYSX > CPU on screen)

Postby graberc » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Well I installed TRINE yesterday and played just fine. Weird PHYSX or Driver install error (you are trying to install a driver, but you have a newer one).

Today I was playing TRINE and got a SKYPE call. I tasked out, crashed TRINE and screwed up SKYPE.

So after a lot of work TRINE now runs, but the weird thing is that in green/block text upper left hand corner (above the three characters) it says PHYSX > CPU

I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9800 card and installed latest drivers on 64big windows 7. Any ideas?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: TRINE weirdness (currently says PHYSX > CPU on screen)

Postby fb_joel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Yeah, sounds similar as this thread on the Steam forums. So basically, go to the NVIDIA Control Panel, click 3D Settings menu and uncheck "Show PhysX Visual Indicator". Let me know if this helps.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

graberc

Postby graberc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks!

BTW - Trine still crashes pretty hard when you alt-tab

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Does it crash under normal gameplay, i.e. if you play the game, press ESC to go to the pause menu, and then alt-tab, does it still crash? It will crash during loading if you alt-tab.

It is possible that Trine is more crash-prone in Win 7, or perhaps there's something else going on. In any case we'll probably not start investigating it too much at this point. If it's a problem you could try running the game in Windowed mode (but keeping the Fullscreen option ticked in the Launcher), that might work better.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Or this problem could be caused by some sort of unsync between some of the game elements and your computer.

There's this one mod on steam called Empires. It also used to crash when you just alt tabbed out of it at any time and stayed alt tabbed for a long time. But this problem got fixed at some point and now you hear the hl2 choking sound (aka when your character is sinking in hl2 and then gets above water level) and you can see the game to resync with the current state of the game.

This could be similar situation with Trine, meaning that under windows 7 Trine somehow gets out of sync with your computer or some of the game elements get out of sync with your computer and when you bring the game back and your computer tries to access those same game elements thinking they are right there where they should have progressed, they actually aren't there and that causes the game to crash.

But this is again just some speculation. :)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”