setting keys in config.

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Rahabib

setting keys in config.

Postby Rahabib » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 pm

I have been doing another playthrough and wanted to adjust some keys. So I found the key config but what character do I need to set left and right brackets "[" and "]". I noticed that I cant set them in the menu.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: setting keys in config.

Postby fb_joel » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm not sure if we support those keys unfortunately. :( Can you post a picture of the keyboard layout (you can use e.g. google image search to find the appropriate one) so I can see if there would be some way... (On our European/Finnish keyboards the brackets are used by Alt Gr + 8/9 keys, so I'm guessing you're using an American keyboard or something.) Anyhow I don't want to get your hopes up too much...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 am

fb_joel wrote:I'm not sure if we support those keys unfortunately. :( Can you post a picture of the keyboard layout (you can use e.g. google image search to find the appropriate one) so I can see if there would be some way... (On our European/Finnish keyboards the brackets are used by Alt Gr + 8/9 keys, so I'm guessing you're using an American keyboard or something.) Anyhow I don't want to get your hopes up too much...

I am using the US keyset and a G15. I am using winXP and the steam version. the key I am trying to bind is the "]" key. I managed to get the "[" key to bind by pushing it a ton. In my key config (trine\binds\keyboard\1) the "[" key looks like this.

run_script_14 = å

just in case this post doesnt translate, that first character is - lowercase a, ring å å

thanks. oh and they key does work as it should.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Ok, interesting... If you're feeling experimental you could try these keys to see if they'd match the left bracket ] : ö ä ' ¨

It just might work with one of those (I'm looking at ö and ä especially). :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 pm

sure I am up for experimenting (keep that in mind when you need alpha testers for your next games ;) ). Ill test it out when I get home tonight.

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 am

yea I think part of the problem is the fact that the in-game menu has to set the key. If I change any key even to ones I know are valid in the binds\keyboard\1\keybinds.txt file when I start the game it just keeps what was last set in the game. I did make sure I was setting the right control settings. I even went into offline mode to disable steam cloud. I guess it just wont work. Oh well, its really not a big deal. It was more of just trying to see if it could work.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Hmm right. The controls shouldn't come from Steam Cloud though, they're computer-specific. (You could disable Steam Cloud by opening the console with F8 key and writing "/steam_cloud_enabled 0" (without the quotations but with the forward slash).)

You could also write-protect the keybinds.txt file so that the game can't touch it after you've edited it.

But I guess we're running out of options if this doesn't work...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 am

thanks the read only for the file didn't help. apparently its just recognizing the keys set in the menu. Any time I set a key in the keybinds.txt with notepad it doesnt work. If I set it in the game's menu and come back the key bind shows up as expected. its strange that I cant just set it in .txt file manually.

Again, its not a huge deal for just one key. I just thought I would bring this to your attention.

This is the file I was editing.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\binds\keyboard\1\keybinds.txt

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Ah ok, thanks.

Btw, I found this on the Shadowgrounds page ( http://shadowgroundsgame.com/new/index. ... keymapping ): In the case of the left and right brackets, their numbers are #26 and #27, respectively. So if you want the left bracket to shoot the primary fire, you would write: attack = #26

It's for the SG games but with luck it might work in Trine too. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”