TRINE coop 1 keyboard

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
ihatedurians

TRINE coop 1 keyboard

Postby ihatedurians » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 am

I haven't played trine too much but I was wondering if it would be possible to just play coop with one set of keyboard + mice. I know wizard has to draw stuff, so technically that's the only character that needs a mouse. The rouge and knight seem to just use buttons or could be done gunbound style.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: TRINE coop 1 keyboard

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:05 pm

The thief uses mouse to aim hers grappling hook and knight uses mouse to aim his shield.

If you really want to use only one keyboard and mouse, you could setup two gamepads but I doubt it is possible to have a good gaming experience with only one mouse and one keyboard.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

SinisterSlay

Postby SinisterSlay » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:34 pm

How can you use gamepads? Without a mouse you cannot even aim the shield... Unless there is a way to tell it to auto aim or something.

ihatedurians

Postby ihatedurians » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:26 am

Well, the thief and the knight pretty much rotate and bout their aiming access. The mage seems like the only one that would really require a mouse, since you can't draw with pivoting controls. However, you could still "aim" as the thief and knight do with rotate CW and CCW controls. I just don't have two gamepads, and I think with the current game mechanics one keyboard would seem reasonable.

SinisterSlay

Postby SinisterSlay » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:12 am

I just tried as thief, it was fine, but couldn't attack, grapple and attack seem to always be the same thing...

As Knight, change to sword is actually attack with sword, and there seems to be no guard button or any way to direct your guard in a direction.

Any ideas?

SinisterSlay

Postby SinisterSlay » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:45 am

Ah figured it out, missed that last axis page.

Discovered a sort of glitch in the game though, computer went to sleep thinking it was idle after 20 minutes cause I wasn't using my mouse.

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 am

ihatedurians wrote:I haven't played trine too much but I was wondering if it would be possible to just play coop with one set of keyboard + mice. I know wizard has to draw stuff, so technically that's the only character that needs a mouse. The rouge and knight seem to just use buttons or could be done gunbound style.

You /can/ use multiple mice and keyboards. The one thing Frozenbyte does better than anyone is enable you to use multiple mice and keyboards. It's a technology all their games have.

ihatedurians

Postby ihatedurians » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 am

You /can/ use multiple mice and keyboards. The one thing Frozenbyte does better than anyone is enable you to use multiple mice and keyboards. It's a technology all their games have.

Ah. I was more interested in just playing two players with only one set of mice and keyboards. I don't have any gamepads at the moment, nor extra usb keyboard and mice. I was hoping there was a way to play with two people just using one set.

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 am

Hmm. I do realize I wasn't quite answering your question there, but no, because each class uses the mouse in some way, the only way to get it to work is if you emulate the mouse using your keyboard. If you could find a program that, for instance, emulates the mouse directions using the number pad, then the answer is yes. I don't know if the game would allow it, but I'm sure Joel would update us if such a method was possible or was something Frozenbyte would wanna patch in the game. Anything that let's more people play their games together are things Frozenbyte seems to work on so I'm sure, if you found a method, a patch wouldn't be that difficult to do since it might already be something in the game or something as simple as an ini file hack. In fact, if you could use your point as your keyboard, I'm almost sure there's also an application which allows you to make your computer think you have two keyboards.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm not sure how the Thief's arrows and the Knight's shield work keyboard-only (i.e. what happens if you bind those to a key - does it use some default angle or what - too busy to test right now), but the main problem with using only one keyboard is that modern keyboards simply do not allow more than, say, 5 buttons to be pressed simultaneously (so that they work). Old keyboards were fine but nowadays they make the keyboards so cheap that the hardware can't handle it. If you can find an old keyboard then it might be possible to some degree. But the easiest way is to just grab another keyboard and plug it in (or gamepad).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:00 pm

You're right. I guess I feel spoiled because my keyboard allows up to 10 keys at once. ihatedurians, does your buddy have a keyboard and mouse? Just pull them off of that computer and you should be good.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”