DRM/copy protection software?

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Matti

DRM/copy protection software?

Postby Matti » Sat May 08, 2010 7:02 am

Does DVD version of Trine come with copy protection software?

FB_Lauri

Re: DRM/copy protection software?

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun May 09, 2010 1:59 am

Some versions do, some don't. However, patch 1.06 removed all copy protections from retail versions, so even if it would have one, it will be removed once you install the newest patch (which is 1.07 atm, found at http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php?page=patches ).

Matti

Postby Matti » Sun May 09, 2010 5:35 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Some versions do, some don't. However, patch 1.06 removed all copy protections from retail versions

Does it delete such from HDD?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun May 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Matti wrote:Does it delete such from HDD?

It is my understanding that copy protection, if any, is within the trine.exe. The patch rewrites the .exe with new one, so that should remove any existance of copy protection as well.

However, I know some copy protections do screw up your machine for good, but as far as I know none of Trine versions use such copy protection systems.

I hope Joel can provide a more detailed answer once he's again reading this forum.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm

After the patch the game won't use any disc checks etc so there is no copy-protection in the European or North American retail versions of the game (and some others as well). However, the patch does not apply to all retail versions of the game - at least Russian and Japanese still contain copy-protection.

I hope this helps.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Matti

Postby Matti » Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:However, I know some copy protections do screw up your machine for good, but as far as I know none of Trine versions use such copy protection systems.

That is good to hear. It seems one of the worst, if not The Worst, case is StarForce. When several games using it are installed at once, some of the games might not work. Might be becouse of different versions of StarForce that may overwrite each others... or something like that.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”