PS3 Secrets bug

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Fudgebars

PS3 Secrets bug

Postby Fudgebars » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey,

Just played Trine through on PS3 for the first time, before completing Tower of Sarek I had missed only 2 secret chests however when I went to level selection after the credits every level is marked as me having zero secrets.

I went through and got the last 2 secret chests and hoped that it would give me the treasure hunter trophy, but sadly not, I definitely have all 26 items. It then marked those 2 levels as me having 1/2 secrets, it's as if it has forgotten that I got the others already.

I then completed Tower of Sarek again and afterwards they were all back to zero again including the two that were 1/2..

Will have to complete the game again on a new save to get the trophy which is a pain as I was going to run through it on very hard to get the Whats Next trophy, shame I can't do it on a new save on very hard to only have to do it once.

Seems completing the last level is the problem.. anyone else had this problem or any idea for a fix?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: PS3 Secrets bug

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Sounds really odd that it has zero'ed the secrets. We haven't heard of this before so it could be something totally bizarre. Did you get the 1.02 update somewhere along the way? Is yes, then that could be a reason, and if not, you could download the update (released in EU just a few days ago).

There was/is a bug in some levels, I think at least in Crystal Caverns, where enemies were randomly giving secrets but they were not really secrets, which explains 1/2 sometimes. Also there are three chests in some levels, one is a skill chest and two are secret chests. This could also explain 1/2.

Let me know about the update.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sambuque

Postby Sambuque » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi,

I had the exact same bug today, I was just missing the secret item to fire four arrows -blue "something"- and after completing the game for the first time all the secrets have been reset to zero in the level select menu. I found the item I was missing thereafter but the treasures related trophy didn't unlock. I got 0/2 secrets on every levels except level 8 or 9 -where was the item I missed was- where I got 1/2. Before finishing the game I had 2/2 secrets in every levels except one on the level select menu. While visiting back levels, previously opened chests are closed then they open themselves again when you come near them but aren't accountted again.

I play the european version, started my playthrough on normal difficulty at launch, played a little bit more after patch 1.O1 and finally finished the game after patch 1.02. (I don't know if these details will help ???)

Regards.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Uh, this is starting to sound pretty bad... We'll have to investigate if this happens on our consoles too, and then see what can be done to fix it...

In the meantime for anyone reading this, I'd advise not to complete the last level before further info is available. I'll let you know as soon as I have more knowledge about the issue.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Ok so if your savegame is "GAME COMPLETE" then there should be no issues with the patch. I didn't lose any xp/secrets when I completed Tower of Sarek on a savegame that had been completed already.

I will now try to find a savegame that's fresh and hasn't completed the last level yet... if any of you have a save that's close to the end but not complete, you can send it to me at [email protected] (frozenbyte).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sambuque

Postby Sambuque » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Small update, I finished the Tower of Sarek again to get the "better than develloper" trophy and the only secret accounted on my save has reset to zero, so 0/2 secrets everywhere now.

I started a new game on a different save slot with patch 1.02 allready installed, got all treasures before finishing the game and every secrets is still accounted after the credits.

I hope it helps, regards.

Sambuque

Postby Sambuque » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:36 pm

doublepost :mrgreen:

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks. I'll do some further testing as well, but it's looking like my earlier post is correct - any saves started with an earlier version but completed after the patch will get messed up. New saves or already completed saves are not affected...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Lord_Tony

Postby Lord_Tony » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Sambuque wrote:Small update, I finished the Tower of Sarek again to get the "better than develloper" trophy and the only secret accounted on my save has reset to zero, so 0/2 secrets everywhere now.

I started a new game on a different save slot with patch 1.02 allready installed, got all treasures before finishing the game and every secrets is still accounted after the credits.

I hope it helps, regards.

That's weird because I got the better than developer trophy.

Coggi

Postby Coggi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Happened here :)

I am on EU PS3 Trine, patch 1.02, the game was completed, all trophies earned. I downloaded both the new DLC and the patch yesterday, took all the secrets in the new level and now if i look at the select level screen every secrets counter is at 0 :(

Let me know if any additional info could help :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks... So I guess it's not as simple then, if it also happens on some saves that have been completed. I hope we'll know the reason today or tomorrow and then we'll know how to proceed.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

RomanB

Postby RomanB » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Got the same problem today after installing 1.02 and completing the "new level". 0/2 secrets everywhere, except 1/2 on some levels where I found new secrets today.

krioto

Postby krioto » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 am

Ah, ok - this is the same problem I had. I have the platinum, but after downloading the new level, I have 0/0 secrets for all levels.

No biggie - gives me another excuse to play through this top game again!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:27 pm

We've found out a little bit more about the problem... I'm not sure if the above information is still accurate, but the easiest way to mess up the saves is to choose Restart level in Tower of Sarek or in the DLC level. :oops: So, at the moment, please DON'T restart any levels using the menu command.

I'll post again when I have more info...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

RomanB

Postby RomanB » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:35 am

:shock: I didn't use level restart option on the new level, it was restarted automatically when all heroes were defeated. Is this possible to fix it?

Fudgebars

Postby Fudgebars » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 pm

My brother completed the new level on his username, and he had previously completed the game pre-patch with all secrets, after completing the new DLC level all secrets were at 0. I haven't played it yet, though mine have reset to 0 already from completing Tower of Sarek.

Fudgebars

Postby Fudgebars » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:16 pm

hmm well I just completed the new level and although I got at least 5 or 6 secrets (purple bottles) it only said 1/10.
However I did restart the level a few times, so presumably I only got 1 bottle after the last time I restarted before I completed the level. Which fits with your new idea of restarting being the cause.

zeeZ

Postby zeeZ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:25 am

Haha, played through the game pre EU PSN 1.02 and just purchased the DLC, updated to 1.02, played just the new level and.... failed miserably (it's been a while) so the game kindly asked me if I wanted to restart the level. I accepted, finished an boom, all secrets are now 0/2 :lol:
\tpun
(pun indented)

RomanB

Postby RomanB » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Need a patch we are :idea:

Kamikoopa

Postby Kamikoopa » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 am

Hey guys,

Frozenbyte, absolutely loving the game, it's a game that my partner and I can finally play together and enjoy!

I thought I would just add to the mess that's happened so hopefully my additional information helps in any shape way or form.

We did level 1 - 9 - All secrets obtained
Downloaded the new level and (Can't remember update)
We then attempted the DLC level and after restarting it, the purple pick ups ( 0 / 10 ) turn into mana potions, and it says 0 / 10 still.
Then I realised all previous levels 1 through 9 are all now 0
And on the main screen says total secrets 0
Went into some levels found chests opened though...
Then I attempted level 10, I got the 1st secret to see what would happen, I quit
Now level 10 says 1 / 2 secrets, but still the 1 through 9 is 0

Anyway, hope you come up with a fix soon, we're dying to finish the game!!!

PSN - Kamikoopa

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Right, this is all fits with restarting the level(s). I guess it doesn't matter whether it's restarted manually or automatically. :oops: We're looking into some options and I'll let you know what will happen...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Gikinmaro

Postby Gikinmaro » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 pm

I have Trine on PSN. I bought it some time ago and got platinum. I recently downloaded the update and reloaded my old save game. I replayed the last level and one other one when I saw that the secrets had reset to zero. The strange thing was what I found when I searched for some of the secrets in levels I had already done. The chests were all open and a check of my inventory revealed that I still had all the items I had collected from the game. Technically I still have everything, but the counter just says I don't. (if it matters at all I'll state mine is the US version). Hope this helps.

davebo

Postby davebo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Just to add my story to the mix, I bought Trine on PSN last Saturday and played through half the levels co-op with a friend, earning maybe half the secrets along the way. Monday I replayed the first 4 levels getting the secrets we missed, with the menu selection showing the proper amount of secrets found. Then Tuesday the two of us played the rest of the game co-op, of course dying several times on the last level. After we completed the game and I looked at the Choose Level menu, it read 0/2 secrets for each level.

Since I only bought the game a few days ago this was all played under the updated version I assume? I believe the game did do some updated when I ran it for the first time. Also I don't have any DLC. I didn't notice it in the PSN store, but rest assured I'll be getting it.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks guys. These fit the symptoms - whenever you restart the last level (or die and it's automatically restarted), the secrets get messed up. The same happens with the DLC level but the bug isn't in other ways related to the DLC level, it's a bug in the patch.

It's indeed just the counter that's messed up, but unfortunately it affects Trophies too, so you can't unlock the last Trophies with a messed up savegame (you essentially have to start a new game).

For Europe we might have some good news very shortly, but it might not apply to US... I will update this as soon as I have more info (should be tomorrow).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

davebo

Postby davebo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:00 pm

I appreciate the update on this. I sure hope there's a way to recover the secrets from an existing save, but if there isn't am I correct in assuming I could start a new game and just never play the final level? There's no way I'm beating that level without dying so I'd have to stay away from it entirely. My worry is that if you finish the level before it, there's no way to exit to the menu without loading the final level. Would loading the final level and quitting to the menu activate the bug, or only restarting the final level?

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”