PS3 Secrets bug

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: PS3 Secrets bug

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 pm

As far as I know loading the last level and then quitting should not cause any harm.

If you're going for the Trophies, I'd suggest getting the 'Better Than Developers' Trophy in a savegame that's already messed up, just so you have it, and then can concentrate on a clean runthrough to get the remaining Trophies.

(I'm actually not sure what happens if you die on the last level, and then quit instead of restarting the level, and then load the level again... it might prevent the problem but I'll need to test it.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

borishnakov

Postby borishnakov » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm

i have the north american version of trine and unfortunately i did not read this post in time. all my secrets are gone and i'm one unhappy dude. mr. fbjoel do you have a north american save of trine that is saved right up to level 15?? i really like this game but sometimes the bugs are annoying.. thanks

ps. can you try to include keyboard and mouse support for ps3 version of trine 2??

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Sorry to hear. I do have a save but the problem is that it's not going to help with Trophies - those are tied to each user account, and using somebody else's save will not give any Trophies at all. :( (If you're not interested in Trophies then you can just continue with the bugged save, it only affects the secrets and thus Trophies.) Sorry. :(

Kb+mouse support in Trine 2 we'll have to see about, I don't want to make any promises at this point.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Fudgebars

Postby Fudgebars » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Still no luck? any closer to solving the problem?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Well, yes and no. Here's a summary:

For EU, the problem should be fixed (version 1.03). There has not been a whole lot of feedback on this but I'm going to assume that the problem is gone.

For US, it looks a bit worse. We have fixed the problem but we can't get the patch released - that's all controlled by our publisher and Sony America. It's a rather complicated situation. From what we've heard it seems like there will not be a patch anytime soon - what happens down the line is a different question (if you know our history with the console versions, some of which you can read here, then it probably makes more sense). We ultimately got the DLC level and the first US patch released on PSN but it took six months or something, so that's probably not too reassuring right now.

So at this point I cannot promise that we would ever be able to get a patch released for the US version of the game. Sorry. :(

(Anyone who's deeply discontent with the bug and the above news and/or the DLC level, PM or email me.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Gikinmaro

Postby Gikinmaro » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 am

Is there someone we can email/hassle to get the ball rolling for a patch over here in the states?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done. You can email our publisher Nobilis Games and let them know that there is demand for the patch, but I'm sure they already know that. In any case please note that it's not their "fault" as such.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

LarryTru

Postby LarryTru » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:09 am

Is there any word on getting this fixed in the US?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 pm

No. At this point we have to assume it will never happen. :(
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

gabgen

Postby gabgen » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 am

Seriously, is there any update that'll come to erase the secrets trophy bug? Cauze this is pissing me off, like a lot. So i would like to know if there will be a update to erase this shit.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”