Wolfgang music box bugged

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
peshehod

Wolfgang music box bugged

Postby peshehod » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:32 pm

In my current playthrough I was attempting to get a wizard 12-object achievement but could not do it because no matter what I do I can't summon more than 5 planks. I have clearly tested that the problem is in the music box. Whether I add or remove it, nothing changes. Have no idea what causes this but is very irritating indeed.
I can provide the save files if needed

MarjutFB

Re: Wolfgang music box bugged

Postby MarjutFB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am

I think I already answered your post on Steam Community, but below is my answer again. I'll also add that you can also send the save files to us at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com, but I think you could try the following first. If you email us, please link one of the threads you posted, so we know it's you.

Is the problem still occurring? Also are you sure your Wizard's skills are updated? You can see the skill levels right after pressing the tab key, or other key assigned for the Skills Menu.

If there seems to be a problem with this, you could also try to verify the game cache for the game, in case the problem is there. You can do this by following the instructions below.

right-click on Trine in your Steam Library → click on Properties → choose the local files tab → click the button to verify integrity of game cache

If above didn't help, you could also try to move the item to another character and then move it back to the Wizard's inventory. Did this help?

Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

peshehod

Postby peshehod » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am a programmer myself so I've already tried everything I could've imagined. Moving Wolfgang's box between characters just has no effect at all. Max amount of planks is always 5. When I move Red masterstone around it does change between 4 and 5.
I haven't thought about game cache and I could try it but now I've run Trine at another machine and the problem persists so presumably the issue is in the savegame itself.

Thanks for your assistance and for your awesome games :)

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:51 am

Yes, the problem is most likely with your save game – so, I can only recommend trying this again in another slot. Sorry for the inconvenience! :(

You could still try to verify the game cache, but yes unfortunately it most likely won't have any effect.

If you want to try the achievement again, remember that you also need other items for it. The full list should be the following: Wolfgang’s Music Box, Blue Masterstone, Red Masterstone and Victor's Crown.

Let me know if you have any other questions or just how it goes. Cheers!

peshehod

Postby peshehod » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:39 pm

After you told me about the Victor's crown I found out that it was my mistake and a pretty stupid one. Crown increases planks and box increases boxes. I've got the achievement with ease and would like to thank you one more time for the kind assistance and awesome games :)

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:40 am

Thank you for your support!

I was worried what could be wrong with the music box, but good it turned out well – and congratulations for getting the achievement! :)

Also good luck with the rest of the achievements, if you're planing to get those as well. :wink:

Cheers!

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”