Error message says re-install. Really?

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
cephalo

Error message says re-install. Really?

Postby cephalo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:22 am

Before I reinstall Trine 3, I just want to know that it's really necessary as error messages don't always mean what they say.

It says 'data in texture4.fbq is corrupted' then 'reinstall the game'. How did this happen? Can I keep my save?

MarjutFB

Re: Error message says re-install. Really?

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:41 am

Sorry for the delay!

Seems like one of your files has been corrupted, so I think reinstalling the game is the best option. You could also just try replacing that file, but it's probably easier to just try the reinstall.

Save files are located at a different folder so you shouldn't need to worry about those, however do note that if you had a pre-order or Early Access version of the game, your save files might not be compatible with the full version.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions about this. Cheers!

sadesh

Postby sadesh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:49 am

stil i am getting same error message,, what i need to??

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:57 am

Sorry for the delay! There has been a lot of support requests to answer.

Is this problem still occurring? If it is even after reinstalling the game, please check that your antivirus or other security program isn't interfering with the game's files. You can make sure this isn't happening by adding Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power to your security program's exceptions.

If that doesn't help either, please email your system specs (operating system, amount of RAM, graphics card and processor model) and picture of the message to us at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com and we'll look into this. Please also mention from which store you bought the game.

Let me know if you have any questions or just how it goes. Cheers!

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”