Trine crashes in startup

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
JADF

Trine crashes in startup

Postby JADF » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi,
today i decided to install trine (i got a copy of it from some gaming newspaper), but when i try to launch it, the screen flashes, and it returns to desktop. When disable fullscreen mode, a white window appears, and sounds from game play. However, game runs well in 640/480 and 800/600 in windowed mode. I've played trine few years ago, and i ran well (but there were aslo some issues). I am using 1.09 version and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried running it with win XP and 7 compatibility and, still didn't work.
My PC: Lenovo Y580
Intel Core I7 3630 HQ
Nvidia GeForce 660m
8GB ram

MarjutFB

Re: Trine crashes in startup

Postby MarjutFB » Thu May 12, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm sorry for the delay but hopefully this helps!

I don't think we have run into this issue before, but here is something that might help:

1. Choose Another Resolution
    If you can't find the correct resolution from the game's launcher you can also change it by locating the options.txt file in the game's installation folder and changing the following lines. The file is located in the config folder.

screen_height = 1080
    screen_width = 1920

I also recommend trying different resolutions in the windowed mode.

2. Install PhysX
    I recommend to try if installing or reinstalling PhysX would help, because Trine needs it to run. You can download the latest PhysX drivers through this link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html

3. Reinstall the Game
    If above didn't help, please also try to reinstall the game to make sure nothing is wrong with the installed files.

If you didn't already, I also recommend trying to launch the game as administrator and close all overlay programs (such as Raptr and Evolve). If that doesn't help either, we are unfortunately quite baffled about this, but we can still try to look into it.

If you need more help I recommend emailing us at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com to make sure you get the reply as soon as possible! When you email us, please link this thread to your message so we know it's you.

Let me know if you have any questions or just how it goes. Cheers!

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”