Trine Textures not rendering??

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
crshbndct

Trine Textures not rendering??

Postby crshbndct » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi there i am getting strange behaviour when i play Trine..

i have no textures, mouse pointer (menus or otherwise) and the game is super strange.. i am trying to play this, just purchased the humble bundle and it had this in it, and its really my kind of game.

also the cut scenes are a bit weird.. the centre of the image is alright, but the top and bottom (where the black bars would be if it was a 16:9 movie) are just stretched.. i will upload an image tomorrow.

My Hardware software config:

Windows Developer Preview (too cheap to pay for real windows lol) <-- i know this is early release, but all my other games, crysis 2, bf3 beta, fallout 3 f1 2011 play fine on it)
AMD Radeon HD 5770 1gb @1080/5400 with catalyst 11.9
AMD Athlon 2 260 @ 4.1ghz
4gb ddr3
I also use archbang linux - i am going to try install it on there and see if that works better, but i like to use windows for games and arch for actual stuff, so would like to get it working

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine Textures not rendering??

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm

This is most likely a corrupted download. So download the game again and hopefully it works. :) (Could also be a graphics hardware/software issue but your graphics card should certainly be able to run the game.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:15 am

This is like Trine on drugs!! :D

I am jealous. :(

alt_turo

Postby alt_turo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

NeatNit wrote:This is like Trine on drugs!! :D

I am jealous. :(

This happens when the game can't find some texture (usually because of corrupted package) and uses a default instead. It's indeed quite trippy :)
Turo Lamminen
Alternative Games

RPG Hacker

Postby RPG Hacker » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm

May I suggest using a download manager (like Free Download Manager)? That way you can prevent data corruption caused by a bad internet connection or something similiar. It's also useful for downloading big files like the installer in general since you can turn of your computer and continue your downloads later on.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”