Trine 2 control problem

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Akito

Trine 2 control problem

Postby Akito » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 am

Hey everyone,
I just purchased Trine 2 on steam and launched for the first time.

Everything seemed fine until I got to the first level (Where the wizard is sleeping) and my keyboard controls stop working.
The mouse works fine and I can spawn boxes etc. but he just won't move nor can I press ESC to get to the menu.

So I force quit and restarted, only to find this time the interactive start screen wasn't working (Mouse or keyboard) but I got to the menu by pressing random buttons on the keyboard and tried resuming the first level, only to find I had the same problem with the keyboard not working.

And no this isn't a problem with my keyboard as it seems to work fine with everything else :?

Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm super excited to get playing this masterpiece :wink:

FB_JussiE

Re: Trine 2 control problem

Postby FB_JussiE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 am

Hello Akito

I can think of 2 possible fixes for this:

1. Do you have "multiple keyboards and mice" enabled, if you do, try to see if disabling it will help. You can do it either from the games "Control settings" menu, or from %AppData%\Trine2\options.txt replacing the line "setOption(inputModule, "MultipleKeyboardsAndMiceEnabled", true)" with "setOption(inputModule, "MultipleKeyboardsAndMiceEnabled", false)"

2. If you have binded some of the controls you might have to delete the files from %AppData%\Trine2\UserBinds

Hopefully these will help you

Akito

Postby Akito » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Ah thanks Jussie,

I must have accidentally enabled multiple keyboards

Now it's working like a charm 8)

firin

Re: Trine 2 control problem (multiplayer)

Postby firin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 pm

hello,

we want to play the trine 2 game in coop with 2 mouses and 2 keyboards on one pc
it doesn't work... :-(
we tried everything... is it a bug?

it happens the same thing what is written above.

but if i choose the "unabled" button for the multiple keyboards then it cant work ...

please tell me what i can do, i bought the game because of the multiplayer opinion and now it doesn't work
that really sucks!!!

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:47 pm

It should work just fine.
If you have multiple mice and keyboards enabled in the settings then you might want to check the control configuration and enable keyboard and mice 1-option for player 1 and keyboard and mice 2-option for player 2.

Kira0tori

Postby Kira0tori » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm French and with my girlfriend we are trying to play Trine 2 with two keyboards and two mice.
With multiple keyboard option disabled, both combination works to play.
Then when I activate it, nothing works anymore !
Combination 1 just got the Mouse 1 working
Combination 2 just got the Keyboard 1 working
Combination 3 just have the second keyboard recognize.
Before the last update, Combination 2 was working fine ( why the 2 and not the one ? ) and Combination 3 only got the second keyboard.
I've tried to check options.txt but I haven't found any options such as i used with Trine 1 to set which Keyboard or Mouse to assign.
Is there any particular solution to that ? I've successfully played Trine 1 coop only a couple of times and now it doesn't work at all. That's bad luck because the game's seriously awesome in single player !
Thanks in advance for answering.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”