trine keyboard/mouse problems

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
afsmith1089

trine keyboard/mouse problems

Postby afsmith1089 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 am

I would like to first apologize to anyone reading this. I am completely technology challenged and need some help. downloaded trine to my pc. its an HP dv6-6135dx entertainment pc with standard PS/2 keyboard and synaptics PS/2 touchpad. brand new. was told it was made for gaming so I know my computer is not the issue. everytime I get going in the game it will pause it self in random different spots and a red message board thinger with pop up that I have to exit out of. after I exit, my mouse with no longer allow me to perform actions-like using my hook and arrows (not just for one character but for all) I can still move and jump but can't get anywhere cuz i have not special powers. also when this happens, there will be an explosion and it sends me back to the last checkpoint. I've tried everything. the f8 /render_max_fps 30 doesn't work. also tried putting it on a lower graphic setting. it seems that I can get farther in the game but the same thing always happens. (frustrating!) I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. still does the same thing. I've played around with the configurations-nothing. what is the issue???!!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: trine keyboard/mouse problems

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear, and sorry for the long delay. The dv6-6135dx seems like it should run the game ok, so that's not the issue as such.

We are talking about the original Trine, right?

Can you post a screenshot or such about the red message thing, because that sounds curious (probably a HP thing). It could be a power issue of sorts - make sure you have the laptop power cord connected, and that your power plan is set to something that allows you to use all the power available.

Also, let's do some console terminal tricks:

Open the ingame console terminal with the F8 button (like you've done). Then write:
/show_fps 1

and press enter. It should now show a number in the upper-left corner of the screen. If it's well above 30, then we should do this:

/render_max_fps 30

And it should get limited to 30.

You can also try:

/render_half_resolution 1

which will halve the rendering resolution, meaning worse graphics but smoother gameplay.

Let me know if anything here helps...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”