I Can't Switch Characters

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
BDragon4

I Can't Switch Characters

Postby BDragon4 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:23 am

I'm playing the game alone, no multiplayer, with an xbox 360 controller and when I press the right or left bumper button to switch characters, it seems to do it twice, So I end up on the other character instead of the one I wanted. It does this consistently. The controller works perfectly fine with every other game, including the first Trine, and sometimes it works like normal for this game, but then goes right back to the double switching. Any ideas what might be wrong?

FB_Esa

Re: I Can't Switch Characters

Postby FB_Esa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:52 am

Very strange issue indeed.

Have you tried rebinding the keys or have you checked that you have the right controller selected from the controller selection? Its the drop down menu in the top left corner of the control menu.
One reason why this is happening might be that the game thinks the next character is Pontius and it skips through Zoya to get to him.

I will forward this to our coders to see what could cause this. In the meantime try rebinding the buttons, maybe assigning the keys on opposite buttons. Like if previous character was on left bumper then assign it to the right one and vice versa.

BDragon4

Postby BDragon4 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 pm

I checked the controller and remapped the buttons and there's still no change. The biggest problem with it is that if you only have 2 characters alive, you can't switch to the other one because it skips. For example, if I'm playing as Ponitius and Zoya is dead, when I try to push one of the buttons to switch to Armadeus, it skips him and goes back to Ponitius.

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:15 am

Do you have any FPS issues? I asked around and this issue occures mostly when the fps drops down below 14. Try lowering your graphics detail level and disabling AA completely to see if this helps in your problem.

BDragon4

Postby BDragon4 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:24 pm

I lowered the resolution to 800 x 600 and the FPS improved. It doesn't skip anymore. I guess my eyes got too used to playing in low FPS for a while. Thanks!

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”