Assertion failed

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Dextous

Assertion failed

Postby Dextous » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:25 pm

I launched up this game when I got it during the Steam Summer Sale, and whenever i try to load something it gives me an error.

Code: Select all

Expression: Game is frozen
File:
Line: 0
Minidump: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trine 2\log\trine2_32bit.exe_a3b58feb_assert.dmp

I can Ignore it and play the game regularly, but otherwise. I don't know exactly what it does. I also can't play Multiplayer because of this error. Whenever it gives me this error, I'll ignore it and then it says "Game will continue on singleplayer" or something along those lines.

Whenever I debug it, it just force closes. Help would be helpful. I would really like to play this amazing game on Multiplayer.

FB_JussiE

Re: Assertion failed

Postby FB_JussiE » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 am

Hello Dextous and sorry to hear you're having such a nasty issue with the game.

The "Game is frozen" assertion is only supposed to come if the game is really frozen (for 60 seconds if I recall correctly).
I will forward this issue to our coders, but unfortunately I have no idea which could cause this.

To greatly speed up the process of tracking down the issue, you could send us the .dmp file to Image along with some system specs.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully we'll be able to figure this out quickly!

FB_JussiE

Re: Assertion failed

Postby FB_JussiE » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 am

Hey again!

After speaking with one of our coders it seems like the issue might be related to using "very low" graphics settings.
If you're using very low graphics settings try to set it to low instead and see if it helps.

Other than that I dont have any ideas at the moment.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”