Help, Cursor and Graphical Problem!

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Osorezan

Help, Cursor and Graphical Problem!

Postby Osorezan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Hey everybody, bought Trine 2 out of Steam Summer Sale. And the game launches fine and all, but once I get to the main menu (where it says click here to start) my mouse cursor gets stuck at the top left corner while the in-game cursor is in the oposite direction, furthermore the game gets massive lag, going from a good framrate to 1 and then back again. I've already tried reinstalling and correcting the game trough Steam and changing around my graphical and resolution settings even tough my pc is more than enough to handle Trine 2 at extreme graphics. Does somebody have experienced this? Or could Frozenbyte shed some light unto this?

fb_jlarja

Re: Help, Cursor and Graphical Problem!

Postby fb_jlarja » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:34 am

Osorezan wrote:Hey everybody, bought Trine 2 out of Steam Summer Sale. And the game launches fine and all, but once I get to the main menu (where it says click here to start) my mouse cursor gets stuck at the top left corner while the in-game cursor is in the oposite direction, furthermore the game gets massive lag, going from a good framrate to 1 and then back again. I've already tried reinstalling and correcting the game trough Steam and changing around my graphical and resolution settings even tough my pc is more than enough to handle Trine 2 at extreme graphics. Does somebody have experienced this? Or could Frozenbyte shed some light unto this?

I'm guessing here, but you could try disabling automatic USB device detection that Trine does to find plugged in gamepads on the fly (you could also just try unplugging all unnecessary USB devices, but sometimes that doesn't help).

First, you need to open

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Trine2

You can do that by copy-pasting the above to Explorer's address bar. You should see options.txt there. Open it and find following settings:

setOption(inputModule, "IgnoreWonderingPnPDevices", false)
setOption(inputModule, "IgnoreWonderingXInputDevices", false)

Change them to true.

Let me know if that helps. If it doesn't, there are other input related settings you can try to toggle. For example the following:

setOption(inputModule, "MultipleKeyboardsAndMiceEnabled", false)
setOption(inputModule, "MousePointerBallisticsEnabled", true)
setOption(inputModule, "UseOSPointerBallistics", true)
setOption(inputModule, "UseAbsoluteMouseMode", false)

If the problem won't go away, could you please tell the specs of your computer (Windows version, CPU, GPU, keyboard and mouse models, if and what gamepads are connected etc.). Also, if you have any special driver software for your keyboard, mouse or gamepads, it could be useful to know.

Hope this helps.

-JLarja

Osorezan

Postby Osorezan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Well, It worked once XD, then I plugged in the controller and it stopped working that time, and any ever since. I tried every options you provided me but no luck.

My Specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit version.
i5, 3.20 GHz
Samsung Pleomax Keyboard and mice
And then one 360 wired controller.

In regards to driver software for that, none that I can think of.

Thanks right now, for the provided help and any you can give!

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 am

Osorezan wrote:Well, It worked once XD, then I plugged in the controller and it stopped working that time, and any ever since. I tried every options you provided me but no luck.

My Specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit version.
i5, 3.20 GHz
Samsung Pleomax Keyboard and mice
And then one 360 wired controller.

In regards to driver software for that, none that I can think of.

Thanks right now, for the provided help and any you can give!

So unplugging the controller doesn't work either? Have you tried rebooting by the way? Just yesterday I had Chrome (or maybe Flash) mysteriously slowing down anything doing 3D, and rebooting usually solves that sort of issues.

Have you tried any other games? Do they work ok?

Is your display card an AMD Radeon or an Nvidia Geforce, or just the i5's integrated (I guess it's not the integrated, since you were expecting high FPS on high detail)?

For further testing, I suggest you keep the two "IgnoreWondering" options true, and "MultipleKeyboardsAndMiceEnabled" as false. You can then try setting "UseOSPointerBallistics" to false and "UseAbsoluteMouseMode" to false. That should give you the most basic mouse and keyboard input system, so if anything works, that should be it.

You should also set refresh rate manually in the launcher and try running in window, just to see if that has any effect.

Some of the Pleomax keyboards and mice do seem to have fancy gaming features, which are always a potential source of problems. We don't know about any issues regarding them, however. If you happen to have an extra keyboard or mouse around, you could try them just to see if they would happen to work.

Unfortunately I don't have much more ideas. Setting the "IgnoreWondering" options to true has helped many people with similar FPS drop issues, but anything else is more or less guessing.

-JLarja

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”