BUG Linux libglapi.so.0 link error

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
wildwizard

BUG Linux libglapi.so.0 link error

Postby wildwizard » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:57 am

After someone else pointed out that Trine 2 on Slackware needed an extra lib namely libglapi.so.0 I decided to have a look (and buy your game too)

A comparison of the library and the trine2 executable reveals that no string matches between them are from function calls located in libglapi.so.0, so I tested by giving a crap symlink to another unrelated library on the system and the game still loads and runs fine.

I'm not sure how you managed to create a link to a library you don't actually use but you have and it should be fixed as the library is specific to the mesa library and is not found on systems that have other GL implementations such as the Nvidia binary driver.

You've probably not seen a bug report from other systems as yet as the nvidia binary does not know about the library and wont remove it as it does other mesa libraries, assuming that a mesa install is present and has this library enabled (it is optional for mesa)

goarilla

Re: BUG Linux libglapi.so.0 link error

Postby goarilla » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:28 pm

I concur. I have the same issue on Slackware 64 14.0 with Alien's multilib via steam.
The solution (makeing a fake symlink to an arbitrary library) does fix it, but it's not proper.

Please dev's stop linking to it !

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 am

Hello goarilla and wildwizard!

Terribly sorry for the delay.
I took a look at the linker settings and the library is indeed added manually in there.
I built a quick test bin and it seems to work just fine, just have no idea why it was added to the list (there has to be some reason for it).

I'll try to investigate this further as it seems very very odd :D sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for pointing this out!
(probably should add this to FAQ meanwhile)

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:44 am

Hello again!

New version built without the library should be in Steam shortly.
Sorry that it took so long, but during the summer vacation season things tend to move bit slower :)

Edit: The patch is now live

Return to “Trine 2”