First - I know - Trine 3 is not right now in production. Some other cool game is, and status about the game is something like "We'll PROBABLY make T3 sometime in the next decade" - OK, Fine for me Might be two years, might be ten - but it will likely happen. Very positive prospect anyway.
If the rumors are right and I get it correctly, It could be a revolution in Trine-like games,
somewhere in next 5 years:
- FB artists creating backgrounds by hand-drawn 2D art, like they did so great in Trine 2, but this time having over 30x memory size.
- game frame rate: 60 frames per second, like Trine 1/2 on PC.
- animated background: 30fps -> 60fps
- overall quality improvement due to much more powerful hardware, besides infinitely great backgrounds.
- Practically infinite possibilities for artists in this genre of games.
- much greater reception and notes. I personally think there is no chance this game would not score greatly bigger success than Trine 2.
Due to frame rate - steering is much more pleasant, the IMMERSION is much greater, not broken every time the player runs fast through the level. Quite big improvement in reviews, and gamers.
- There is also power to make this amazing 3D technology available. People would be blown away.
- There is some good news for Shadowgrounds-like games. Camera angle is "friendly" for hardware
a few requirements:
- 16x bigger memory capacity -CHECKED
- enough pixel and texturing power (still unknown, most probaly - it'll be OK. PS4 might have 72TMU.)
- Frozenbyte artists wanting to make the next-gen Trine (very strong possibility, I hope )
I hold my fingers crossed for this PS4 to "deliver".
And it's going GOOD so far - Can this generation be the ultimate hardware for side-scrollers? Is it possible that from there, no significant difference is possible, as there are no limits already?
It sounds too good to be true, but so far... it looks like it is most likely happening.
I simply can't even imagine what FB guys could make with a powerful enough 8GB GPU_RAM hardware.
It is such a good perspective, that it simply cannot be stopped in my head, and is expanding from "future" to "now", improving my mood already.
I hope I won't be disappointed by the PS4 specs later this year.
Even if, It will not stop some great FB game beating Trine 2 in the next few years. PS4 will make a difference to T1/T2 as they are working like a different generation even on budget PC hardware.
So -whatever happens, it will either be a big improvement or a total revolution. Then there's hope to see it before 2017. Sooner the better.
For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests