XP and Levels Reset Bug? (Wii U)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Cres

XP and Levels Reset Bug? (Wii U)

Postby Cres » Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 am

All the XP I collected as well as the levels I had unlocked have reset three times now, two of those times were in the last four days.

Originally I thought it was because I had collected 100% XP, treasures and such (other people on Miiverse have also said it happened to them when they collected 100%). But the second time I made sure to leave out a few XP and the third time I hadn't even collected enough XP to unlock all the abilities - so the 100% theory seems to not be entirely true.

Each time it's happened, it occurred after I had joined an online game but was unable to control a character, I could only watch (like when your character dies and the camera follows another player). Also, the character icons in the top left corner of the screen would only show 2 players in the room (when really I was the 3rd person).
The reset doesn't happen straight away though, usually I am able to continue playing online with the XP I've collected, it's only when I get disconnected that the xp and levels are reset - the treasures don't get reset so I end up with level 1 and level 20 unlocked and that's it.

It did only seem to happen after when I first collected everything, so I'm not sure if that really does have something to do with it. I do know that the only times it has happened to me, is when I have joined an online game but was unable to control a character, left the room, joined another and then got disconnected when the host leaves.

Any ideas what the cause is and a way to prevent it from happening?

Return to “Trine 2”