Trine Kaput For Good?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Semmel

Trine Kaput For Good?

Postby Semmel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I just wanted to know: What are the exact requirements for "Trine Kaput For Good?"? It says: "Complete each expansion level using only one character" - but what exactly can I do or can't do?

- With the release of Dwaren Caverns and the level counting towards the DLC (I guess) do we need to finish this level for the achievement to unlock?
- Is it true that I can change the character at the beginning of a level as long as I don't move?
- If I die can I return to the last checkpoint still being able to get the achievement?
- Do I have to do all the levels in one sitting? Or can I exit after 3 levels and do the rest the next day?
- Does the order of the levels matter or do I have to play them in order - one after another?

FB_JussiE

Re: Trine Kaput For Good?

Postby FB_JussiE » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Hello Semmel!

I'm not at the office at the moment and can't recall all the details, but this much I do remember:

"Is it true that I can change the character at the beginning of a level as long as I don't move?"
There's roughly "meter" or two safe zone in the beginning of the levels where you can change characters, so the safest way indeed would be not to move at all before choosing the character you'd want to tackle the level with.

"If I die can I return to the last checkpoint still being able to get the achievement?"
Yes, as long as you return to the last checkpoint by going to the pause menu and not changing the character this should work.

"Do I have to do all the levels in one sitting? Or can I exit after 3 levels and do the rest the next day?"
You don't have to do them in one sitting. Once you complete a level with the settings it'll be saved in your save data.

"Does the order of the levels matter or do I have to play them in order - one after another?"
Order shouldn't matter as long as you get trough them all.

I'm not 100% sure on what is the situation with Dwarven Caverns but my guess would be that it does not count towards the achievement, i.e you only have to complete the original expansion levels.

Hopefully this helps :)

Semmel

Postby Semmel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi there JussiE! Thanks for your fast reply and for the clarification.
I swear I did every level just like that using only one character but didn't get the achievement. Strange but ... oh well - I might just try it again. :)

gt2

Postby gt2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:18 am

I've solo'd each expansion level twice over and the achievement still hasn't unlocked.

The Heroes Return as Zoya x 2
Deadly Dustland as Zoya x 2
Belly of the Beast as Zoya x 2
Brackenridge Rise as Amadeus x 2
Cloudy Isles as Zoya x 1, as Amadeus x 1
Goblin Machinations as Zoya x 2

I've played through the levels in order and in reverse order. I only switch characters at the very beginning and I select 'restart from last checkpoint' when my character dies. Thoughts?

gt2

Postby gt2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Double post. :oops:
Last edited by gt2 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

gonomodevil

Postby gonomodevil » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Semmel wrote:Hi there JussiE! Thanks for your fast reply and for the clarification.
I swear I did every level just like that using only one character but didn't get the achievement. Strange but ... oh well - I might just try it again. :)

Did you get the achievement?
I've just finished the levels and nothing happened :|

Edit: got it, had to finish the extra level :)

AnniFB

Postby AnniFB » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:45 am

gt2, did you also finish the last level Dwarven Caverns? That's the secret level you'll unlock when you collect all the map pieces :)

ShardofTruth

Postby ShardofTruth » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:25 pm

I have a similiar question. I completed every level with Zoya except Brackenridge Rise and Dwarven Caverns, which I did with Amadeus but the achievement didn't unlock. Now I read that skipping cutscenes may be one cause of this problem.

That's why I'd like to know if there is a way to check which levels are definitely solo'ed before doing a second run, because even though it's a fun experience some puzzles were extremly difficult to handle with Zoya.

AnniFB

Postby AnniFB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:33 am

Unfortunately there isn't a way to check the progress with the achievement :(

milaa12

Postby milaa12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:28 pm

gonomodevil wrote:
Semmel wrote:Hi there JussiE! Thanks for your fast reply and for the clarification.

Did you get the achievement?
I've just finished the levels and nothing happened :|

Edit: got it, had to finish the extra level :)

Which character did you use to finish the extra level? I tried with Amadeus and Zoya but I couldn't do it. And I believe Zoya must be the best answer.

Return to “Trine 2”